Greenlight Driver Education
What is the Greenlight Program?
- Greenlight is the Bendigo Bank’s youth driver education program. It has been offered to young people in communities since 2012;
- State of the art driving simulators help younger drivers to understand driver psychology. They learn how this can affect how they drive, as well as the effects of fatigue, drugs and alcohol, and using devices while driving;
- The program has been part funded by the Bank’s insurance partner GCU;
Helping our young people to be better, safer drivers and provide them with insurance and personal loan benefits.
Why are Bendigo Bank & CGU doing this?
- 13 fatalities in 2015 in the greater Geelong area;
- 5 of these fatalities were young people aged 25 and under;
- 38% of all fatalities were people under 25 years if age;
- 50% Geelong regions stats are double of those for Victoria;
3 men are three times more likely to be involved in a crash than women.
Our call to action:
- We care – road safety programs have been conducted for five years across Australia;
- We want to help get you started – first car loan and insurance are big steps for young people and we can help with competitive pricing;
Partnership – a bank and insurer working with community and government to make a difference.
When Where and How:
- Geelong Showgrounds:
- Tuesday 17 May
- Wednesday 18 May
- Friday 20 May
- Wednesday 25 May
- Thursday 26 May
- Saturday 28 May
- Ocean Grove Football Netball Club, Shell Road Complex:
- Friday 3 June;
- Monday 6 June;
- Tuesday 7 June
The participants can enrol into one of two x 3 hour sessions per day.
To Book: Visit your nearest branch