Help for bushfire impacted customers in South Western Victoria and South East NSW
Bendigo Bank has joined forces with partners in Victoria and New South Wales to provide assistance for bushfire impacted communities.
In South Western Victoria
Bendigo Bank has partnered with Emergency Management Victoria (EMV), Cobden District Health Services, Cobden and Camperdown Community Bank® branches and our wider Community Bank® network, to establish a Community Relief Fund in support of community member affected by the Southwest Victoria fires.
The fund aims to support communities across Colay-Otway, Corangamite, Warrnambool, Moyne and Southern Grampians areas where fires have destroyed homes and impacted primary producers.
The fund provides a formal channel for the public to donate money directly to affected communities.
Donations to the Community Relief Fund can be made at any Bendigo Bank branch or online at South West Bushfire Appeal. The Fund is administered by Bendigo Bank’s philanthropic arm, Community Enterprise Foundation™. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Any queries please contact Community Enterprise Foundation™ on 1300 304 541.
In New South Wales
For Tathra Bushfires in South East New South Wales, Bendigo Bank and its Community Bank® partners will be supporting the local Bega Mayoral Appeal Fund, the preferred method to assist the Tathra community.
All funds donated will be distributed to those directly affected by the fire emergency.
Help for customers
If you are a Bendigo Bank Insurance customer with a damaged home, rental building, car or other property please get in touch with us. We can help you make a claim or offer advice.
- If your policy is through CGU Insurance please call 13 24 80
- If your policy is through Allianz Insurance please call 13 10 13
You can lodge a claim with our insurance partners any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Financial Difficulty Assistance
We understand that the impact of the fires could affect you financially, that’s why we have a plan in place to help you out.
The key features of the Assistance Package for bushfire affected customers include:
- Home loan and business loan customers can apply for relief on loans for up to three months.
- Credit card customers can apply for an emergency credit card limit increase.
- Discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing Bendigo Bank customers.
- Waiver of interest rate reduction for early withdrawals on term deposits prior to maturity.
- No ‘loan break’ costs for customers with a fixed rate who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan.
- Existing customers with home and contents insured through CGU Insurance may be able to claim for emergency funds and temporary accommodation costs.
Affected Bendigo Bank customers are advised to speak with their local Branch Manager, Business Banking Manager, or contact our Mortgage Help Centre on 1300 652 146 regarding financial hardship and applying for assistance or visit www.bendigobank.com.au/help/financial-difficulty-assistance.
The Bank’s agribusiness specialist, Rural Bank also provides a range of disaster assistance measures and will be working with impacted farming customers to understand their individual circumstances and apply the most effective means of support as they take the first steps towards recovery.
South West Victorian fire Appeal is a management account of the Community Enterprise Foundation™ ABN 69 694 230 518, PO Box 480, Bendigo Vic 3552. Funds raised from this appeal will be disbursed as grants and gifts to eligible charitable organisations to assist with relief, recovery and reconstruction projects for communities in the fire effected areas of South West Victoria.