On 27 June 2006 Cobden & Districts Community Finance Ltd. opened Cobden & Districts Community Bank® Branch in Cobden after a significant amount of work was undertaken by the steering committee in relation to the feasibility of establishing our Company. With lots of support from the local community we were able to open for business on the aforesaid date.
The opportunity for our Company to take over Bendigo Bank's Agency in Camperdown was taken up and on 14 January 2008 our Company began operating in Camperdown. On 4 November, 2011 we purchased our own premises at 153 Manifold Street Camperdown.
Our company has grown considerably since its inception and has just celebrated Cobden Branch's 10th birthday and Camperdown Agency's 8th birthday.
During this time we have been able to support our local communities, donating $400,000.00 to date.
Listed below are some of the recipients of our sponsorships and/or partnerships:
July 2015 to June 2016
- Progressing Cobden Inc
- Camperdown Angling Club Inc
- 1st Cobden Scout Group
- Rotary Club of Cobden
- Cobden District Health Services Inc
- Camperdown Timboon Rail Trail Committee
- Camperdown P & A Society
- Hampden Tennis Association
- Cobden Recreation Reserve COM
- Camperdown Golf Bowls Club
- Cobden Bowling club
- Camperdown & District Community House
- Cobden Football Netball Club Inc
- Probus Club of Camperdown
- Probus Club of Cobden
- Camperdown, Cobden and Terang Police Defib for Life
- Uniting Church in Australia Camperdown
- Corangamite Shire
- Cobden Golf Club Inc
- Cobden & District Health Services
- Camperdown College
- Cobden Rotary Business Excellence Award
- Corangamite Sportsmens Club Inc.
- Camperdown Bowling Club Inc
- Market to Mount Fun Run
- South West Cricket Association
- Camperdown Football Netball Club
Our depositors are protected under the Australian Government’s Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) which provides protection and quick access to deposits made with a bank, building society or credit union in the unlikely event that one of these institutions fails. Find out more here.