The Community Bank® bought the Post Office licence and premises at 67 Station Street in 2005 as it had both outgrown its original space and there was the chance the Post Office was going to be lost to the Gully as the owners wanted to relocate to a Burwood Highway location. The Community Bank® was most concerned to lose the function of the Post Office in the local community, so negotiated the purchase of the licence and premises. The bank originally employed managers for the Post Office but subsequently sold the licence, retaining the freehold of the property. The Community Bank® moved into the refurbished location in mid 2005.
On the 27th April, 2006 the bank grew, opening the Rowville Branch to service an expanded local area in the Knox region. The Branch is located in Wellington Village on Wellington Road. This Branch has also received strong community and business support.
In April 2013, the first agency in the Group was opened within the Stevenson Ferris First National Estate agency at 1335 Ferntree Gully Road, Scoresby. This was an exciting move for the company and will service the Scoresby area which has been without a bank for a number of years.
With continued community support, the bank can keep on growing and giving back to the community.
Approximately $2,000,000 has been returned to the local Knox community in the last 14 years.
Our depositors are protected under the Australian Government’s Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) which provides protection and quick access to deposits made with a bank, building society or credit union in the unlikely event that one of these institutions fails. Find out more here.