Alexander & Bridget Jones - Montmorency Secondary College Scholarship
Applications for 2018 places are NOW OPEN and close at midnight (AEDT) 29 January 2018.
What else do I need to know?
Let's get started by taking a look at the things you need to know now.
- This Scholarship is for students who have graduated from Montmorency Secondary College in 2017 or 2016 (taken a gap year) and have been offered a full-time place at The University of Melbourne in 2018.
- Any subject can be studied under this scholarship as long as it is at a Bachelor degree level.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Only first time students wishing to study full-time can apply.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $5,000 per year.
- How long? The scholarship covers one full year of study but, depending on your academic performance, it may be renewed for a second year.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Secondary school leavers only can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that in reality part-time work is essential to get by, so as long as you're studying full-time this scholarship is for you.
What can I do now to prepare?
Although you cannot commence your online application until 1 December, nor submit your application until you have your Year 12 results and University Letter of Offer, there are some things you can be working on now to ease the pressure later on.
- Your story – start thinking about, and recording, the challenges you have faced as well as your hopes for your future education and career
- References – speak with your teachers and others about providing you with a reference
- Quotes/estimates – obtain quotes / estimates or research study related costs you will face during your first year of university. e.g. quotes on accommodation costs (university provided or private), estimates of study related expenses such as textbooks, supplies, equipment (computers, printers etc.).
Applications close at midnight (AEDT) 29 January 2018.
You must include your Year 12 results and University Letter of Offer before submitting your online application.
You can commence your application then save it so you can come back and complete it when you have your required information.
We receive hundreds of applications. Think about your story, the challenges you have faced, as well as your hopes for your future education and career.
Have your references briefed and ready to be included in your application.
Quotes/estimates: obtain quotes/estimates or research the study related costs you will face during your first year of university eg. quotes on accommodation costs (university provided or private), estimates of costs of study related expenses such as textbooks, supplies, equipment (computers, printers etc).
Don't leave your application until the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application process.
And good luck!
Need more info?
Alexander & Bridget Jones – Montmorency Secondary College 2018 Scholarship snapshot
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships are provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178, AFSL 237879, The Bendigo Centre, Bendigo VIC 3550.