Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship for rural and regional students
Register your interest now, applications open 1 December 2017.
What else do I need to know?
Let's get started by taking a look at the things you need to know now.
- This Scholarship is for students living in rural and regional Australia.
- Any subject can be studied under this scholarship as long as it is at an undergraduate Bachelor degree level in an approved Australian course.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Only first time university students wishing to study full-time in 2018 can apply.
- You must demonstrate the disadvantage (economic and/or social) hindering your ability to undertake further study
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $5,000 per year.
- How long? The scholarship covers one full year of study but, depending on your academic performance, it may be renewed for a second year.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Only secondary school leavers graduated in 2017 or 2016 (taken a gap year) can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that in reality part-time work is essential to get by, so as long as you're studying full-time this scholarship is for you.
What can I do to prepare?
Although you cannot commence your online application until 1 December, nor submit your application until you have your Year 12 results and University Letter of Offer, there are some things you can be working on now to ease the pressure later on.
- Your story – start thinking about, and recording, the challenges you have faced as well as your hopes for your future education and career
- References – speak with your teachers and others about providing you with a reference
- Quotes/estimates – obtain quotes / estimates or research study related costs you will face during your first year of university. e.g. quotes on accommodation costs (university provided or private), estimates of study related expenses such as textbooks, supplies, equipment (computers, printers etc.).
Need more info?
2018 Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship for rural and regional students snapshot.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships are provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178, AFSL 237879, The Bendigo Centre, Bendigo VIC 3550.