Key features of the Green Home Loan
Receive up to a 0.9% p.a. reduction on our residential variable rate and no monthly service fee. Existing mortgages may also be eligible – but all homes need to be owner-occupied.
Loans from $5,000 for up to 30 years
Competitive interest rate, calculated daily and debited monthly
Online redraw available
Choose weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments
Unlimited additional repayments
Offset facility available
Monthly service fee waived on the Bendigo Everyday Account4
Free Bendigo home insurance from contract to settlement (up to 90 days)5
How to qualify for a Green Home Loan
We've completed extensive research with various industry bodies to develop a Green Home Loan that makes building an energy- or water-efficient home more affordable. Make your house greener, and ultimately save money on utility bills as well as helping the environment through reduced consumption of non-renewable energy.
You can qualify in two ways:
- Criteria 1 – Your building or renovation must comply with the minimum environmental standard required in your state or territory.
- Criteria 2 – You must be installing a minimum of two items from List A, or one item from List B, below.
Things to note:
- These systems need to be properly installed in appropriate conditions to get the best results.
- Customers will be required to provide planning permits, plumbing compliance and installation certificates for grey-water treatment systems.
- All installed items must be above and beyond minimum state requirements. For example, to comply with the new criteria an applicant who is building a new home in Victoria would need to build a 5-Star rated home, plus choose to install either a rainwater tank or solar hot-water system, and in addition install other items from List A or B below.
List A - any two of the following will meet Criteria 2
- Double or triple glazing - Reduces heating and cooling power needs by making your home more temperate
- Solar hot water heater or heat pump - Reduces your grid power use for heating water
- Water-storage tanks (min 2,500 L capacity) - Reduces your reliance on shared water supplies
- Roof and wall insulation - Reduces heating and cooling power needs by making your home more temperate
List B - any one of the following will meet Criteria 2
- Alternative power supply - Reduces dependence on fossil fuels; allows you to generate your own power
- Solar power (min 1.5kw photovoltaic system) - Reduces your grid power use; allows you to generate your own power from a renewable source
- Wind turbine (min 1.5kw) - Reduces your grid power use; allows you to generate your own power from a renewable source
- Micro hydro system (min 1.0kw) - Reduces grid power use; allows you to generate your own power from a renewable source
- Grey- or black-water treatment system (connected to laundry and all bathrooms) - Reduces your reliance on water-storage dams and shared supplies (planning permits and installation certificates required)
Great reasons to choose us
- Competitive home loan interest rates
- Rewarding packaged loans
- 1.5 million customers in over 500 communities Australia wide
- Top 60 ASX listed company
Explore our home loans
Owner Occupied ($250,000-$499,999)
4.72% p.a.LEARN MORE
Green Home Loan
Owner Occupied ($250,000-$499,999)
4.84% p.a.VIEW RATES
Green Home Loan
Basic Home Loan
4.66% p.a.LEARN MORE
Our mobile lending team will help with all parts of home lending and they come to you.
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. All information including interest rate is subject to change without notice. Full details available on application. Lending criteria apply.
1. Important information about comparison rates: The comparison rates displayed are calculated for a loan of $150,000 over 25 years. If the comparison rate relates to a loan with a fixed interest rate, the comparison rate has been calculated on the basis that our current applicable variable rate will apply at the end of the fixed rate period. WARNING: The comparison rates are true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
2. Offer is available to customers with new Owner Occupied, Principal and Interest home loans above $150,000 with a loan to valuation ratio of up to 80%, and three additional or complementary products taken as part of the Connect Package. Complementary products cannot be from the same product type. Offer ends on 31 December 2018.
3. Offer is available to customers for new Owner Occupied, Principal and Interest Basic home loans above $150,000 with a loan to valuation ratio of up to 80%. Special Rate available on Basic product until 31 December 2018. Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 1 October 2018 and is subject to change. Full details available on application. Lending criteria apply
4. Refer to the Schedule of Fees, Charges and Transaction Account Rebates for more information.
5. Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance.