A simple solution allowing staff to access their meal and entertainment fringe benefits.
Your meal and entertainment benefit made easy
The b-entertained® account can be used to pay for expenses that qualify as 'meal & entertainment' and 'holiday accommodation/venue hire'.
How it works
The b-entertained® account allows staff to access the meal and entertainment fringe benefit component of their salary subject to a grossed up taxable value of $5,000 via a low fee debit Mastercard®.
The card can be used at businesses registered as cafes, restaurants or hotels that accept Mastercard. Choose the Credit option and enter your PIN or Tap & Go™.^
|Interest rate||0.00% p.a.|
Frequently asked questions
The b-entertained account allows you to salary sacrifice up to $5,000 ‘grossed up’ each fringe benefit tax year. The account can be used to pay for a number of expenses that qualify as 'meal & entertainment' and ‘holiday accommodation/venue hire’, defined by the ATO as:
- Entertainment by way of food and drink
- Accommodation or travel for the purpose of facilitating entertainment by way of food or drink
- Holiday accommodation and venue hire expenses both in Australia and overseas.
For further information please refer to the ATO.
The b-entertained card can be used by simply selecting the credit (CR) option and entering your PIN, or alternatively, Tap & Go™ with Mastercard PayPass within Australia or overseas, in the following situations:
- Eating out at businesses registered as caterers, eating places, restaurants, cafes or hotels
- Paying for holiday accommodation
- Paying for catering or venue hire for events
Your b-entertained card has been fitted with special technology that recognises whether a business is registered as a meal or entertainment provider. It blocks transactions that do not meet these requirements making it easier for you to comply with requirements.
However, not all businesses that provide meal or entertainment will be categorised as a ‘meal and entertainment’ provider. For instance, a book shop that serves food may be classified as a book store and not a ‘meal and entertainment’ provider. In these instances, you will need to use an alternate payment method.
Yes, your b-entertained card cannot be used for the following purchases:
- Entertainment in the form of concerts, musicals, movies, sporting events, theatre, theme park tickets or other similar forms of entertainment
- Grocery shopping or bottle shop purchases
- Accommodation bookings through third parties, e.g. travel agents, Wotif, Hotels Combined, Trivago etc.
- Hire of jukeboxes, DJs, bands or other ancillary entertainment
Other standard restrictions that apply to the b-entertained account include:
- No cash withdrawals (including bank cheques)
- No cash deposits (the only deposit to this account is made by your employer)
- No cheque book facilities
- No phone or internet banking facilities (restricted e-banking access only)
- Cardholders cannot transfer funds into personal bank accounts
- No in-branch transactions
- No direct debits or periodical payments
- No BPAY® facility
For a full breakdown of the fees and charges connected to your b-entertained Debit Mastercard:
- View our Business fees and charges document.
- EFTPOS transactions where credit (CR) is selected do not attract any transaction fees. You should check with the merchant as to whether there are any additional charges for using the CR option.
*Bendigo e-banking access is view-only allowing you to keep track of your spending and see your transaction and statement history. Online transfers, BPAY and Pay Anyone (including OSKO) payments are not available for this account.
#Please note that all fees and charges are subject to change. Refer to Part 2 of Bendigo Bank’s terms and conditions - Schedule of fees, charges and transaction account rebates. Overseas purchases may be charged a fee
®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518