Special Market Condition Notices - Low Volume Market (LVM)
Huon Valley Financial Services Limited does not hold a license to operate a financial market and is not subject to market obligations, in particular the obligation to ensure that the market is fair, transparent and orderly. The market is covered by an exemption under section 791C of the Corporations Act. Huon Valley Financial Services Limited does not provide a settlement service for trading in the market – it is the responsibility of the parties to a transaction to arrange payment between themselves.
Click on the following link to download a copy of the Corporations (Low Volume Financial Markets) Instrument 2016/888 in PDF format from the ASIC website: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2016L01501
Shares in Huon Valley Financial Services Limited have characteristics that may differ from mainstream securities.
Special characteristics of Community Bank® companies
- ‘One shareholder one vote’ constitutions rather than ‘one share one vote’.
- Shareholder limit of 10% of issued capital for individuals and related entities.
- There is a limit on profits that can be distributed to shareholders, including through dividends. By way of overview, the limit is the higher of: (a) 20% of the profits of the Company otherwise available for distribution to shareholders in the financial year, and (b) the relevant rate of return (being the weighted average interest rate on 90 day bank bills over the 12 month period plus 5%) multiplied by the average level of share capital over the 12 month period.
- Persons who do not possess a ‘close connection’ with the community served by Huon Valley Financial Services Limited can be prohibited from acquiring shares in the Company.
- Share transfers which result in the number of shareholders in Huon Valley Financial Services Limited falling below a fixed ‘Base Number’ will be prohibited.
- These restrictions are intended to embed the community nature of Huon Valley Financial Services Limited.
Directors of Huon Valley Financial Services Limited have the right to refuse to register any transfer of shares in their unlimited discretion.
Full details of the restrictions on holding shares and Directors’ powers to refuse to register a transfer of shares are set out in the Company’s constitution. A copy of the constitution is available on request from the Company Secretary:
Huon Valley Financial Services Limited
13/5 Main Road Huonville TAS 7109
Prudent share purchasers will consider whether they should insist on Board approval of the share transfer as a condition precedent to their obligation to pay purchase money.
Stamp duty may apply in your State/Territory. Please refer to the State Revenue Office in your State for details.
Most recent share trades for Huon Valley Financial Services Limited
||Price (Per Share)
^ This trade did not occur through the company’s Low Volume Market.
Register your interest
In order to buy or sell shares in Huon Valley Financial Services Limited you must first register your interest formally with the Company Secretary.
Register your Interest Online
The online form allows you to:
Online registration form
Register an interest in buying shares
Register an interest in selling shares
Update an interest previously registered
Remove an interest previously registered
Register your Interest using hard copy forms
Alternatively, each of the online form actions can be achieved by using the hardcopy forms below.
If a registered buyer and seller agree to trade shares, the buyer must first seek approval from the Company's Board by completing the Share Purchase Form and sending it to the Company Secretary.
Once approved, the registered buyer and seller must complete the Security Transfer Form and send it to the Company Secretary.
Huon Valley Financial Services Limited
Shop 5, 13 Main Road Huonville TAS 7109