For rural and regional students
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship for rural and regional students
Applications for 2020 Scholarship places are NOW OPEN and clost at midnight (AEDT) 28 January 2020.
What else do I need to know?
Let's get started by looking at the things you need to know now.
- This Scholarship is for students living in rural and regional Australia.
- Any subject can be studied under this scholarship provided that it is at undergraduate bachelor’s degree level in an approved Australian course.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Only first-time, first year university students wishing to study full-time in 2020 can apply.
- You must demonstrate the disadvantage (economic and/or social) hindering your ability to undertake further study.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies, so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $5,000 per year.
- How long? The scholarship covers one full year of study but, depending on your academic performance, it may be renewed for a second year.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Only secondary school leavers graduated in 2019 or 2018 (taken a gap year) can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that part-time work is essential to get by, so provided that you're studying full-time, this scholarship is for you.
Applications close at midnight (AEDT) 28 January 2020.
- You must include your Year 12 results and university Letter of Offer before submitting your online application.
- You can commence your application then save it, so you can come back and complete it when you have your required information.
- We receive hundreds of applications. Think about your story, the challenges you have faced as well as your hopes for your future education and career.
- Have your referees briefed and any written references ready to be included in your application.
- Quotes/estimates – obtain quotes / estimates or research the study related costs you will face during your first year of university e.g. quotes on accommodation costs (university provided or private), estimates of costs of study related expenses such as textbooks, supplies, equipment (computers, printers etc).
- Don't leave your application until the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application process.
And good luck!
Need more info?
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships are provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178, AFSL 237879, The Bendigo Centre, Bendigo VIC 3550.