For rural and regional students
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Uni Scholarship for rural and regional students
2024 Scholarship program will open on 1 December 2023.
What else do I need to know?
Let's get started by looking at the things you need to know now.
- This Scholarship is for students living in rural and regional Australia.
- Any subject can be studied under this scholarship provided that it is at undergraduate bachelor’s degree level in an approved Australian course.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Only first-time, first year university students wishing to study full-time in 2024 can apply.
- You can demonstrate your passion and desire to supporting rural communities both now and into the future.
- You can demonstrate community involvement.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies, so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $6,500 per year for a maximum of 2 years/or for the duration of the successful recipient’s course (up to a maximum of 2 years, whichever is the lesser).
- How long? The scholarship covers one full year of study but, depending on your academic performance, it may be renewed for a second year.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Only secondary school leavers graduated in 2023 or 2022 (taken a gap year) can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that part-time work is essential to get by, so provided that you're studying full-time, this scholarship is for you.
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTQA+.
Need more info?
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.
Things you should know
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships are provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178, AFSL 237879, The Bendigo Centre, Bendigo VIC 3550.