For rural and regional students
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship for rural and regional students
2022 scholarships are Now Closed.
Successful recipients will be notified by 31 March 2022.
What else do I need to know?
Let's get started by looking at the things you need to know now.
- This Scholarship is for students living in rural and regional Australia.
- Any subject can be studied under this scholarship provided that it is at undergraduate bachelor’s degree level in an approved Australian course.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Only first-time, first year university students wishing to study full-time in 2022 can apply.
- You must demonstrate the disadvantage (economic and/or social) hindering your ability to undertake further study.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies, so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $5,000 per year.
- How long? The scholarship covers one full year of study but, depending on your academic performance, it may be renewed for a second year.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Only secondary school leavers graduated in 2021 or 2020 (taken a gap year) can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that part-time work is essential to get by, so provided that you're studying full-time, this scholarship is for you.
Need more info?
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.
Things you should know
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships are provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178, AFSL 237879, The Bendigo Centre, Bendigo VIC 3550.