For rural and regional students
Bendigo Bank TAFE Scholarship for rural and regional students
2024 Scholarship program will open on 1 December 2023.
The scholarship program aims to financially support disadvantaged, community minded students from a rural or regional area, who have been offered a full-time place at an Australian TAFE for the first time in 2024.
The scholarship program supports the following study related expenses - accommodation costs, course costs, study-related materials/equipment, textbooks, tutoring and/or education related travel (within Australia).
- This scholarship is for students living in rural and regional Australia.
- You must be aged 16 to 25 as at 29 January 2024 – students under the age of 18 years will require parental/guardian consent to accept this scholarship.
- You must have left secondary school (having completed Year 10 as a minimum).
- You have been offered a place or enrolled to commence study in 2024 at an approved Australian TAFE institute campus in an approved Australian course.
- You can be studying on campus and/or off campus (including online).
- You can be studying on a full-time basis.
- Course must be of at least a minimum of 26 weeks’ duration for full-time study.
- You can demonstrate your passion and desire to supporting rural communities both now and into the future.
- You can demonstrate community involvement.
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTQA+.
Eligible courses include
- Full-time or competency-based completion (apprenticeships).
- Certificate I, II, III or IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate degree.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $5,000 per year for a maximum of 2 years/or for the duration of the successful recipient’s course (up to a maximum of 2 years, whichever is the lesser).
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies, so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- Course fee? Yes, this scholarship can be used to cover course fees.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
Need more info?
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.
Things you should know
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships are provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178, AFSL 237879, The Bendigo Centre, Bendigo VIC 3550.