Community Bank Scholarships
2021 applications for scholarships are NOW CLOSED.
Successful recipients will be notified by 31 March 2021.
View the Community Bank branches offering scholarships in 2021.
What else do I need to know?
Let's get started by taking a look at the things you need to know now.
- This Scholarship is for students who reside in, or have attended a secondary school in, the local area of the relevant Community Bank branch offering a scholarship.
- Some Community Bank branch scholarships may support studies at university or TAFE, whilst others may support studies at university only or TAFE only. Please contact the participating Community Bank branch for a copy of the fact sheet to see what is on offer.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Any subject can be studied under this scholarship provided that;
For studies at an Undergraduate bachelor’s degree level you:
- Must have completed Year 12 and be aged 25 years or younger as at 29 January 2021.
- Are studying on campus, on a full-time basis,
- Are studying in an approved Australian course at an Australian university, TAFE institute or college campus.
For TAFE studies:
- Applicants must be aged 16 to 25 as at 29 January 2021 and must have left secondary school, having completed Year 10 as a minimum.
- Your study is undertaken at a TAFE institute in an approved Australian course at the level of:
- Full-time or competency-based completion (Apprenticeships)
- Certificate I, II, III or IV, or
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate degree
- The TAFE course must be of at least 10 weeks’ duration for full time study (or the part time equivalent).
- You can be studying on campus and/or off campus (including online) and can be studying on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies, so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? Exactly how much the scholarship covers in expenses may vary between scholarships, please contact the participating Community Bank branch for a copy of the relevant fact sheet.
- How long? The duration of scholarships may vary between scholarships. Please contact the participating Community Bank branch for a copy of the relevant fact sheet for details.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on a lay-by, so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age?
- For study at an Undergraduate bachelor’s degree level – you must have completed Year 12 and be aged 25 years or younger as at 29 January 2020.
- For study at TAFE (in courses other than bachelor’s degree level) - applicants must be aged 16 to 25 as at 29 January 2020 and must have left secondary school, having completed Year 10 as a minimum.
Need more info?
For details on a specific Community Bank branch scholarship, please contact that local Community Bank branch.
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.