Rural Bank Agribusiness Scholarship
2024 Scholarship program will open on 1 December 2023.
Here's what you need to know
- This scholarship is for students living in Australia.
- You must be studying agribusiness or agriculture in an approved Australian course in an Australian university, college or TAFE.
- Your studies will enable you to contribute to the Australian agricultural industry.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You can demonstrate leadership both within, and outside, your school community
- You can demonstrate the challenging circumstances (financial &/or social) hindering your ability to undertake further study; and
- You can demonstrate academic achievement and community involvement.
- Only first-time, first year university students wishing to study full-time in 2024 can apply.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies, so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much?
- The scholarship award value is $6,000 per year for a maximum of 2 years/or for the duration of the successful recipient’s course (up to a maximum of 2 years, whichever is the lesser), subject to the criteria set out below and satisfactory academic performance in the first year of study.
- For TAFE the scholarship award value is $3,000 for one year.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Only Secondary school leavers graduated in 2023 or 2022 (taken a gap year) can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that part-time work is essential to get by, provided you're studying full-time, this scholarship is for you.
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTQA+.
Need more info?
Visit Rural Bank for more information
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.
Things you should know
Rural Bank Agribusiness scholarships are provided by Rural Bank and administered by the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited Scholarship Program. Rural Bank is a Division of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178, AFSL 237879 The Bendigo Centre, Bendigo VIC 3550.