Rural Bank Agribusiness Scholarship
2021 applications for scholarships are NOW CLOSED.
Successful recipients will be notified by 31 March 2021.
What else do I need to know?
Let's get started by taking a look at the things you need to know now.
- This scholarship is for students living in Australia.
- You must be studying agribusiness or agriculture in an approved Australian course in an Australian university, college or TAFE, which will enable you to contribute to the Australian agricultural industry in rural and regional communities.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Only first-time, first year university students wishing to study full-time in 2021 can apply.
- Accommodation? Yes, it's covered. This scholarship supports accommodation costs, reducing the financial burden of paying rent.
- Study resources? Books and computers are a must for you to get through your studies, so it makes sense for these must-have items to be covered.
- How much? The scholarship award value is $5,000 per year for a maximum of 2 years/or for the duration of the successful recipient’s course (up to a maximum of 2 years, whichever is the lesser), subject to the criteria set out below and satisfactory academic performance in the first year of study.
- Deferring? Scholarship funds cannot be put on lay-by so if you're planning a gap year you'll have to wait to apply.
- Mature age? Only Secondary school leavers graduated in 2020 or 2019 (taken a gap year) can apply for this scholarship.
- Started another course? This scholarship is for first time tertiary students only.
- Work part-time? The study and work life balance can be quite a juggle and we know that part-time work is essential to get by, provided you're studying full-time, this scholarship is for you.
Need more info?
Visit Rural Bank for more information
For further information or assistance please call 1300 304 541.