Privacy Disclosure Statement
1. Collection of your personal information and credit-related personal information
We, Bendigo Bank, collect your personal information and credit-related personal information to assess your application, to provide you with the product or service that you have requested and to assess any future applications for products or services you may make to us or our related entities. We may also use the information you provide to better tailor our products and services to you. If you are a guarantor we collect your personal information and credit-related personal information to assess whether to accept you as a guarantor for credit applied for, or provided to, the borrower. Collection of some of this information is required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006. If you provide incomplete or incorrect information we may be unable to provide you with the product or service you are applying for.
2. Collection of personal information and credit-related personal information about third parties
We may need to collect personal information and credit-related personal information about a third party from you as part of this application. If we do this, you agree you will advise that person that we have collected their information, and that in most cases they can access and seek correction of the information we hold about them.
3. Use and disclosure of your personal information and credit-related personal information
We may use your personal information and credit-related personal information to perform our business functions (for example internal audit, operational risk, product development and planning). We may also use your personal information to confirm your details (for example contacting your employer to confirm your employment and income details).
We treat your personal information and credit-related personal information as confidential and only disclose it to others where necessary. For example, we usually disclose your information to organisations to whom we outsource functions such as mailing and printing houses, IT providers, our agents and specialist advisers such as accountants and solicitors. Other disclosures usually include joint account holders, account operators and account applicants, Credit Reporting Bodies (as defined below), insurers, intermediaries, valuers, debt collection agencies and government authorities. Your information may also be disclosed to our related entities, our joint venture partners and Community Bank® companies where its confidentiality is maintained at all times.
4. Disclosure of personal information and credit-related personal information to overseas organisations
Some of the organisations we disclose your personal information and credit-related personal information to may be located overseas. Where an organisation is located overseas we will either take reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with Australian privacy laws or we will seek your consent to the disclosure.
5. Access to and correction of your personal information and credit-related personal information
In most cases you can gain access to and seek correction of your personal information and credit-related personal information. Should you wish to do so, or if you have any queries about your information, please contact us on 1300 361 911.
6. Collection, use and disclosure of your credit-related personal information
By signing this application you agree that we can do all of the following:
a. Commercial credit-related personal information
Seek and use commercial credit-related personal information to assess an application for consumer credit or commercial credit.
b. Consumer credit-related personal information
Seek and use consumer credit-related personal information to assess an application for consumer credit or commercial credit.
c. Collection of overdue payments
Seek and use a credit report provided by a credit reporting body to collect overdue payments.
d. Exchange of information between credit providers
Seek from and use or give to another credit provider (including a credit provider who has lent money on the same security) any information or opinion about credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity.
e. Exchange of information with intermediaries
Seek from and use any consumer or commercial credit-related information from or disclose that information to, any introducer, financial adviser, accountant, mortgage manager, lawyer, or other intermediary (including any intermediary mentioned on the front page of this application form) acting in connection with any credit applied for or provided.
f. Provide credit information to credit reporting bodies
In this privacy disclosure statement, the “Credit Reporting Body” means each of the following organisations (whether acting individually or together):
Equifax (previously Veda Advantage)
PO Box 964
North Sydney NSW 2059
Public Enquiries: 1300 762 207
Illion (previously Dun & Bradstreet)
PO Box 7405
St Kilda Melbourne Vic 3004
Public Enquiries: 1300 734 806
PO Box 1969
North Sydney NSW 2060
Public enquiries: 1300 783 684
Give to a Credit Reporting Body credit information. Credit information is defined in the Privacy Act and includes, to the extent applicable:
- identification information;
- consumer credit liability information;
- repayment history information;
- a statement that an information request has been made in relation to you by us, or a mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the type of consumer credit or commercial credit, and the amount of credit, sought in an application:
- that has been made by you to us; and
- in connection with which we have made an information request in relation to you;
- default information;
- payment information;
- new arrangement information;
- court proceedings information;
- personal insolvency information;
- publicly available information:
- that relates to your activities in Australia or the external Territories and your credit worthiness; and
- that is not court proceedings information about you or information about you that is entered or recorded on the National Personal Insolvency Index;
- our opinion that you have committed, in circumstances specified by us, a serious credit infringement in relation to consumer credit provided by us to you.
The Credit Reporting Body may include the information given by us in reports provided to other credit providers to assist them to assess your credit worthiness.
The Credit Reporting Body has a policy for managing your credit information that you may access by contacting them.
In some cases a Credit Reporting Body may use your information for pre-screening your eligibility to receive direct marketing from us or other credit providers. If you do not want a Credit Reporting Body to do this contact the Credit Reporting Body.
Where you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud you may request a Credit Reporting Body not to use or disclose your information.
g. Provide information for securitisation
Disclose any report or information to another person in connection with funding by means of an arrangement involving securitisation.
h. Provide information to guarantors
Disclose any information to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guaranteed repayment of any credit provided.
- how you can access and seek correction of your personal information;
- how you can complain about a breach of the privacy laws by us and how we will deal with a complaint;
- if we will disclose personal information to overseas entities, and where practicable, which countries those recipients are located in.
Our Credit Reporting Policy contains information about:
- how you can access and seek correction of your credit eligibility information;
- how you can seek correction of your credit information;
- how you can complain about a breach of the credit reporting laws by us and how we will deal with a complaint;
- if we disclose your credit information or credit eligibility information to overseas entities , and where practicable, which countries those recipients are located in.