Bendigo and Adelaide Bank announces cyclone relief package
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank today announces a relief package for customers affected by Cyclone Debbie.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s Head of Consumer Banking, Nick Carter said, “Natural disasters have serious impacts on people, their properties and livelihoods, and communities, and we want to provide as much support as we can to our affected customers in Far North Queensland.”
“We’re thinking of the people of Far North Queensland, and we hope they’re staying safe and well through this difficult time,” he said.
The key features of the Natural Disaster Assistance Package include;
- Home Loan and Business Loan customers can apply for relief on loans for up to three months
- Credit card customers can apply for an emergency credit card limit increase
- Discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing Bendigo Bank customers
- Waiver of interest rate reduction for early withdrawals on term deposits prior to maturity
- No loan break costs for customers with a fixed rate who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan
- Existing customers with home and contents insured through CGU Insurance may be able to claim for emergency funds and temporary accommodation costs
Affected Bendigo Bank customers are advised to speak with their local Branch Manager, Business Banking Manager or contact Mortgage Help Centre on 1300 652 146 regarding financial hardship and applying for assistance.
Affected customers of the Bank’s agribusiness arm, Rural Bank have access to a range of disaster assistance measures. Application of these measures is determined on a case-by-case basis, and Rural Bank Relationship Managers will be contacting all customers in the affected area to determine impact.
Please monitor the Bendigo Bank Facebook page for up to date information.