Bendigo and Adelaide Bank appoints two new directors
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank has appointed two new directors to its board, Jim Hazel and David Matthews.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Chairman, Robert Johanson, said the new members of the board were selected for their strong ties to the community and diverse experience in the banking industry.
“Both directors will bring fresh perspectives and ideas to the boardroom table and these appointments show that we are really trying to think outside of the square with the opinions and advice we garner from our directors,” Mr Johanson said.
“Jim currently chairs the board of our majority-owned subsidiary Rural Bank and throughout his career has worked in numerous roles within the regional banking landscape. He will step down as chairman of Rural Bank at its next meeting to concentrate on his new duties, but will remain a non-executive director.
“In the 1990’s he was Chief General Manager of Adelaide Bank and is a well-known throughout South Australia where he has lived and worked for all his life,” he said.
“David Matthews also has a personal and professional understanding of regional communities.”
“He was an innovative pioneer in the early days of our Community Bank® network, chairing the first Community Bank® company in Rupanyup and Minyip and serving as a director since 1998.
“The success of this pilot has seen a further 250 Community Bank® branches launched Australia-wide, with David playing a key role in developing the branch network as Co-Chairman of the Community Bank® Strategic Advisory Board,” Mr Johanson said.
The directors officially join the board today. A summary of their other current appointments follows.
Jim Hazel, 58 years old
- Chairman, Rural Bank Limited
- Director, Impedimed Limited
- Director, Becton Property Group Limited
- Chairman, Xenome Limited
- Chairman, Gannon Retirement Fund
- Board Member, Council on the Ageing (SA) Inc.
- Board Member, War Veterans’ Homes (Myrtle Bank) Inc.
David Matthews, 51 years old
- Chairman, Rupanyup Minyip Finance Group Limited
- Co-Chairman, Community Bank® Strategic Advisory Board
- Foundation Director, Wimmera Leadership Program
- Director, Pulse Australia
- Director, Australian Field Crops Association