Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program now LIVE for 2024 applications
Applications for one of the country’s leading, privately funded scholarship programs open today for the 2024 University and TAFE year.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s Scholarship Program has provided more than $12 million in funding to 1600 students since 2007 and last year alone invested $1 million in the futures of 260 budding students.
From today, students across the country can apply for dozens of different Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarships, including:
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Uni Scholarship for rural and regional students - 12 scholarships of $6,500 per student, per year, for two years.
- Bendigo Bank TAFE Scholarship for rural and regional students - Five scholarships of $5,000 per student, per year, for two years.
- Robert Johanson Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Board Scholarship – One scholarship of $8,000 per year for two years.
- Bendigo Bank Indigenous Scholarship Program - Four scholarships of $6,500 per student, per year, for two years for those studying at either university or TAFE.
- Rural Bank Agribusiness Scholarship – Six scholarships of $6,000 per student, per year, for two years. Two $3,000 TAFE scholarship awarded to for one year. Students must demonstrate a desire to contribute to the Australian agricultural sector.
A significant number of scholarships are also being made available through the Bank’s Community Bank Network.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Chair, David Foster, said the Bank considers the scholarship program a vital investment in the leaders of tomorrow, helping to ease the financial burden associated with the transition to tertiary education.
“Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s scholarship program offers life changing opportunities for students who might otherwise miss out on further education, especially those in regional and remote areas,” Mr Foster said.
“The Bank is immensely proud of the thousands of students who have already completed further education and are contributing to their local communities as a result.
“Today we’re inviting the next generation of students to apply for one of our many 2024 scholarships we have on offer.
“Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s purpose is to feed into the prosperity of our customers and the community, and our longstanding scholarship program is just one example of how we do just that,” Mr Foster said.
2023 Scholarship recipient, Mohamad, who is now studying Criminology at Australian National University ANU, said his scholarship has made a significant difference to his life.
“When I came to Australia a few years ago, I didn’t speak English, so I have worked hard to get this far,” Mohamad said.
“The scholarship is making a significant difference to my life at ANU, and it is taking the pressure off me financially – helping me to focus more on my studies.
“As the first in my family to go to University, I’ll be able to use my degree to support my community,” Mohamad concluded.
The range of scholarships can be used to help finance the cost of travel, accommodation, tutoring, course materials or study equipment.
Scholarships are also currently open for several Community Banks across the country, run in conjunction with the Bank’s charitable arm, Community Enterprise Foundation. The scholarships on offer vary from between different Community Banks and focus on university, TAFE, and secondary school study, with application dates closing by the end of January 2023.
For more information on Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s scholarships and to apply, visit the scholarship information page.