First regionally-based 5-Star energy rated building in Australia
Bendigo Bank’s new headquarters in Bendigo, The Bendigo Centre, has become the first regionally-based 5-Star energy rated building in Australia. The first of almost 1000 Bendigo Bank staff have begun work in The Bendigo Centre over the last couple of months.
The building is expected to use just 50 per cent of the energy of a normal office building, and all wastewater is being recycled to become Class A water to be used for toilet flushing and irrigation.
It also includes:
- Underfloor air conditioning which saves energy and provides excellent indoor air quality
- External sun shading on the north and west facades
- Double glazed windows with high performance glass
- Automated internal blinds
- Extensive daylight to the centre of the building through two atriums
- T5 lighting that automatically dims if there is sufficient natural light
- Solar hot water heating
- Rainwater collection for irrigation.
The final stage of the development is expected to open late in 2008.