Gippsland Floods - How Bendigo Bank is helping impacted customers
Bendigo Bank customers affected by major flooding in Gippsland and other localities across the state, are being offered financial relief in response to the current natural disaster which has seen homes and businesses impacted by storms and flood waters.
A range of support options are available to impacted customers to help ease the financial burden imposed on them by recent weather events.
Alexandra Gartmann, Bendigo Bank Corporate Affairs Executive said, "Our Bank stands ready to help all our customers adversely affected by the severe weather.
"We are offering Bendigo Bank home loan and business loan customers relief for up to three months during the recovery process. The package includes discounted interest rates, fee waivers, and other concessions and we're working hard to make sure all claims are managed as quickly as possible.
"Responding to insurance claims is a high priority as is assisting people with the clean-up operation to help get them back into their homes and businesses as quickly as possible. We have assessors available to help customers through this process", Ms Gartmann concluded.
The key features of the Assistance Package for flood and storm affected customers include:
- Home Loan and Business Loan customers can apply for relief on loans for up to three months
- Discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing Bendigo Bank customers
- Waiver of interest rate reduction for early withdrawals on term deposits prior to maturity
- No 'loan break' costs for customers with a fixed rate who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan
- Existing customers with home and contents insured through CGU Insurance can apply for emergency funds and temporary accommodation costs
Affected Bendigo Bank customers are advised to speak with their local Branch Manager, Business Banking Manager or contact our Mortgage Help Centre on 1300 652 146 regarding financial hardship and applying for assistance or visit: https://www.bendigobank.com.au/support/.
If you are a Bendigo Bank Insurance customer with a damaged home, rental building, car or other property please get in touch with us. We can help you make a claim or offer advice. To make a claim on your Bendigo insurance policy, please call 13 24 80.
Lifeline's 24/7 telephone crisis support service is also available on 13 11 14.