Helping flood affected customers
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank has established an online information hub for customers affected by the recent floods in Queensland and Victoria.
The information hub, located on the Bendigo Bank website, provides customers with practical information about flood assistance, branch closures and the bank’s charitable appeals.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s Executive Retail, Dennis Bice, said the bank was keen to help customers get back on their feet by working with them to find the right financial solution.
“We understand that recovering from a natural disaster is a long process and that many of our customers may need a helping hand during this difficult time,” Mr Bice said.
“Our Customer Help consultants are available to help with enquires and will be able to discuss what relief we can provide to customers to make the recovery process easier for flood affected customers.
“Our Mortgage Help Centre has dedicated Account Managers, who are also available to help customers experiencing financial difficulties as a result of flooding.”
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank customers affected by the floods may be eligible to access our Flood Assistance Package. Key features of our special Flood Assistance Package include:
- Home loan and business loan customers can apply for relief on loans for up to three months.
- Credit card holders can apply for an emergency credit card limit increase.
- Discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing Bendigo Bank customers.
- Waiver on interest penalties on term deposit withdrawals prior to maturity.
- No foreign ATM fees for customers using another bank’s ATM in flood affected areas in Queensland until Friday 11 February 2011.
- Internet Banking tokens – reissue to existing Internet Banking customers token users (no fee).
“Bendigo and Adelaide Bank customers are encouraged to speak with their local Branch Manager or contact the Mortgage Help Centre to discuss possible financial hardship.”
For more information about how Bendigo and Adelaide Bank can assist customers affected by flood visit www.bendigobank.com.au.