Before the interview
- Go to the interview knowing as much as possible about the company.
- Think about how your skills and experience are relevant
- Identify 3 or 4 things that will set you apart from others
- Get a good night’s sleep so you are well-rested and focused.
- Arrive on time - getting there early is important
- Dress appropriately - maybe leave the loud tie, and too much bling at home though
During the interview
- Be positive & confident - Believe you are the right person for the job
- Listen carefully to questions. If you don't understand the question make sure you ask for it to be repeated or clarified so you can answer correctly.
- Avoid 'yes' or 'no' responses. Try to give some examples in your answers
- Ask 2 or 3 questions at the end of the interview - you want this!
After the interview
- Ask for feedback on how you can improve for next time