In February 2006, the Board and staff of Clifton Hill/North Fitzroy Community Bank® Branch stood nervously by as local celebrity Rod Quantock cut the ribbon and declared the branch open for business.
Our Board and staff have proudly celebrated some remarkable achievements:
- Our Community Bank® branch is now 10 years old
- As at February 2016, the branch held 5,500 personal and business accounts with more than $170 million
- Most of our customers live within 10 kms of the branch
- In excess of 200 Community Partners who have shared our success
- $1,500,000 has been returned to the local community as sponsorships and donations
- A reach of nearly 500 likes on our Facebook page
- $148 million poured back into the community via the Bendigo Bank Community Bank® branch networks
Our depositors are protected under the Australian Government’s Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) which provides protection and quick access to deposits made with a bank, building society or credit union in the unlikely event that one of these institutions fails. Find out more here.