Sponsorships & Grants
You may not think it matters who you bank with. But we know that’s not the case. Just take a look at our Community Balance Sheet.
Yes, it’s time to feel good about who you bank with.
The Board of Directors thanks you all for your applications. We received numerous applications and found it difficult to make the final decision.
As the requests for sponsorship are far greater than the funds available it has been decided that each sponsorship application will be judged on the opportunities to develop a genuine partnership with the club that is beneficial to both the club and to the bank. The Goolwa & District Community Bank® is seeking opportunities for club members to move their banking to Goolwa & District Community Bank® thus contribute to increasing bank business.
We hope that as our customer base increases so the amount we can distribute back to the community groups can increase.
The Goolwa & District Community Bank® is reviewing its sponsorship policy and will be considering each sponsorship application in line with the new policy.
- The club using Goolwa & District Community Bank® for its financial services
- Any increase in business through club members banking with Goolwa & District Community Bank®
If you were not successful this round‚ you are most welcome to reapply in future rounds.
The Directors commend all applicants on the work you do for the community and wish you continuing success.
The purpose of the sponsorship is to contribute to the culture and well being of people in the Alexandrina Council area.
Sponsorship amounts will be limited to a maximum of $2000.00 this round.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The applicant must be a non-profit organisation servicing the community within the Alexandrina Council area.
Sponsorship that could involve the Community Bank® branch or Bendigo Bank in controversial issues or expose the group to adverse critism must be avoided. Recipients must be engaged in legal activities that are considered acceptable by normal community standards.Organisations should be in a sound financial position.
TYPES OF PROJECTS
The following types of projects may be eligible:
- Programs to encourage the development of children and young adults
- Programs to increase opportunities for a broader cross section of the community to be involved in community related activities
- Projects which are inovative or unique to the Alexandrina Council area
- Improvement of Community facilities
- Community events
HOW ARE PRIORITIES DETERMINED?
Given the limited availability of funds priority will be given to projects that:
- will be used by a high proportion of the community
- satisfy a demonstrated need within the community
- increase access opportunities for specific special needs groups
- have a long-term benefit to the community
- have a clearly defined plan‚ budget and evaluation strategy
- come from an organisation with an established management structure
Sponsorships outside the guidelines will be treated on merit by the Community Bank®
- Projects where there is a more appropriate funding source
- Fundraising purposes
- Ongoing operational costs (e.g. rent‚ salaries‚ maintenance and administration)
- Reimbursement of money already spent
CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
Sponsorships must align and be consistent with Bendigo Bank's corporate image and identity as a community based organisation. Staff and families of Community Bank® branches are eligible for sponsorships of their community organisation if there are justifiable business reasons and tangible benefits are returned to the Community Bank® branch.
The successful applicant will be required to sign a contract agreeing to the following:
- Organisations must authorise the Branch to provide details of the banking connection if any.
- The organisation will be expected to use the Goolwa & District Community Bank® branch for its banking needs if possible.
- The organisation will also be expected to enter into the spirit of a partnership by supporting the Branch in terms of the above sponsorship definition and by giving permission to:
- Attend AlexInvest AGM or any other significant event for presentations
- The funds provided must be used for the approved project
- Any changes to the project that would result in funding being expended other than as detailed in the application‚ may not be undertaken without prior written approval
- The Goolwa & District Community Bank® logo shall be used on all printed material relating to the funded project and an appropriate acknowledgment of bank's funding must be given by the recipient in all promotional material and reports of the project available to the public
- At the completion of the project a written assessment including expenditure statement‚ must be provided to the bank
ASSESSMENT OF APPLICATIONS
Once an application has been received:
- Receipt of your application will be acknowledged
- The application will be referred to the Community Relationship & Investment Committee for consideration and may contact you to seek further information on aspects of the application
- The Committee will assess which applications will be funded and to what amount
- Sponsorships outside the guidelines will be treated on merit by the Community Bank®
- Successful applicants will be notified by the Community Relationship and Investment Committee
All applications should be on the Sponsorship Application Form which is available through the link below or from The Goolwa & District Community Bank® Branch‚ Shop 3 Hutchinson St Goolwa or by phone 8555 2288
Applications to be submitted in writing to:-
"Community Investment Committee"
Goolwa & District Community Bank®
3A Goolwa Shopping Centre
Goolwa SA 5214