Murrundindi Youth Foundation is an initiative of Valley Financial Services Ltd. represented by Hurstbridge, Diamond Creek, Doreen & Mernda, and Eltham Community Bank® and Kinglake branches.
Our aim is to help local young people make real differences in the Hurstbridge, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Doreen/Mernda or Kinglake communities. We look to increase the amount of opportunities available for them to become actively involved.
Providing young people with opportunities to show leadership and initiative encourages them to think about the needs of youth in our area.
This is achieved by providing funding for youth-led, and focused, philanthropic activities. Growing connections for young people within our local community is key.
Our guiding principals
- To develop and manage funds to support youth philanthropy;
- To develop resources to support the adoption and delivery of youth philanthropic activities;
- To develop young people’s leadership, planning and management skills, and decision making roles in our community;
- To support local youth-led/youth-based strengthening projects;
- To promote youth and assist communities to view young people in a more positive light;
- To reduce barriers for participation;
- Engage a diverse group of youth in opportunities which embrace connections with our community.
If you are a young person who resides, works or plays in Hurstbridge, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Doreen/Mernda or Kinglake communities and have a project idea, please contact: