Mt Eliza Community Pitch 2019
- Start Date:
- End Date:
- 2 hours
- 7pm - 9pm
- Event Details:
The Mt Eliza Community Pitch is an initiative that gives local community groups, schools and clubs a chance to pitch a fundraising idea to a group of Mt Eliza businesses – who then choose which pitch they would like to support. The event is on the evening of Wednesday 14 August 2019.
It gives local groups and organisations an opportunity to pitch their ideas for a special project. If successful, they have a chance to receive some much - needed funding to help make their dream a reality.Local businesses are invited to participate as ‘pitch partners’. These businesses will pledge $1,000 to a pool of money available to community groups on the night. To get the ball rolling, Mt Eliza Community Bank®
Branch has allocated $20,000 to the pitch funding pool already.In May, applications will open for eligible local community groups, schools and organisations
to apply. We expect to have many more applicants than the event can cater for, so a committee will narrow down a shortlist of ten applicants who will be invited to participate on the night.
The successful ten applicants will prepare a five - minute pitch presentation. We are looking for fun, creative and interesting presentations which showcase the group, their project, and how it will contribute to our Mt Eliza community. Pitch applicants will deliver their presentation on the night of the event and make their case for funding to the audience.We look forward to sharing the outcomes with you and making a big contribution to our community
* May – June: local business pitch partners locked-in.
* 1 May: applications open for eligible community groups, schools, clubs and organisations.
* 20 June: Community Pitch applications close (COB)
* 1 July: Final shortlist of ten applicants to be advised (and now’s the time to prepare your pitch presentation).
* 14 August: Mt Eliza Community Pitch night
Information for applicants
Applications for the Mt Eliza Community Pitch open on 1 May 2018 and close at COB on 20 June 2019.
There will be a selection process to choose a shortlist of ten pitch applicants who will be invited to participate on the night of the event.
There are some important criteria. All applicants must:
* have an account at Mt Eliza Community Bank® Branch
* be an incorporated association, have a DGR status, or be a community not-for-profit (NFP) organisation
* be geographically located and operate in the wider Mt Eliza area
* submit an application for their project that has broad community benefit
* be able to deliver a presentation at the event on the evening of Wednesday 14 August 2019
For more information
Download application form here.
Complete your application form and email it to email@example.com by COB on 20 June 2019
Drop into Mt Eliza Community Bank® Branch for application forms
Visit our Facebook page: facebook.com/mtelizacommunitybank