Bendigo Bank Announces Support for Customers Affected by ex-Tropical Cyclone Seroja
Alexandra Gartmann, Bendigo Bank Corporate Affairs Executive said "Our thoughts are with those communities and individuals impacted by Tropical Cyclone Seroja. The impact on areas in the path of the cyclone has been severe and it may be weeks before the full extent of the damage is realised.
"We are offering customers with Bendigo Bank home and business loans relief for up to three months to assist during the initial assessment and recovery phase. The package includes discounted interest rates on personal loans, fee waivers, and other concessions and we're working hard to make sure any insurance claims are responded to as quickly as possible.
"Responding to insurance claims is a high priority as is assisting people with the clean-up operation to help them repair or rebuild and restore their homes and businesses as quickly as possible. We have assessors available to help customers through this process,” Ms Gartmann concluded.
Cyclone Assistance Package
The Bank understands the impact of the cyclone could affect customers financially and has a plan in place to help. The key features of the Assistance Package for cyclone affected customers include:
- Home Loan and Business Loan customers can seek relief on loan repayments for up to three months, after which a customised solution based on individual circumstances can be developed
- Discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing Bendigo and Adelaide Bank customers
- Waiver of fees for early withdrawals on term deposits prior to maturity
- No 'loan break' costs for customers with a fixed rate who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan
- Existing customers with home and contents insured through CGU Insurance can apply for emergency funds and temporary accommodation costs.
Bendigo Bank customers
Affected Bendigo Bank customers are advised to speak with their local Branch Manager, Business Banking Manager or contact our Mortgage Help Centre on 1300 652 146 regarding financial hardship and applying for assistance or visit our online help centre.
Impacted Bendigo Bank Branch Updates
As at 14 April:
- Community Bank Geraldton branch and ATM remain closed. Please visit their webpage for updates.
- Bendigo Bank Jurien Bay, Bendigo Bank Lancelin and Bendigo Bank Mukinbudin have re-opened.
The nearest branches to Geraldton are:
If you are a Bendigo Bank Insurance customer with a damaged home, rental building, car or other property please get in touch with us. We can help you make a claim or offer advice. To make a claim on your Bendigo insurance policy, please call 13 24 80.
For further information: