So is a bank you can trust for your Travel Insurance.
Travel insurance you can rely on
If you're unwell or injured while travelling
We'll cover your overseas medical costs, so you focus on getting better
Replacement of lost or stolen items
We can cover the cost of replacing your lost or stolen luggage
Emergency help when you need it
Call any time for immediate support from a travel claim specialist
Tailor your travel insurance to your needs
International medical costs
If you need to see a doctor, or there is an emergency and you need to see a dentist or are admitted to hospital while overseas for conditions covered by your policy, costs will be covered.
If your flights or travel plans are suddenly cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, you will be reimbursed for your prepaid flights and accommodation.
Hire car damage
If you're renting a car on holidays and get in an accident, your rental insurance excess is covered with our Gold, Silver and Domestic plans.
Travel delays, weather complications or accidents can impact your plans, but your accommodation and travel costs will be covered with our Gold and Silver plans.
Lost luggage or passprt
If you lose your luggage or travel documents, we can provide cover for the cost of replacements.
Our travel insurance covers a range of more than 40 pre-existing conditions as listed in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and we may cover other conditions if you apply for additional cover for them.
Travel insurance for different types of travellers
Backpackers and first-timers
You're off to see the world, but before you depart get travel insurance for peace of mind. Hopefully you'll never need help, but if you do support is on hand when you need it most.
Kids make travel more fun - and more complicated. Get travel insurance in case of injury, accident or illness, and enjoy travelling knowing you're covered as a precaution.
When you're an experienced traveller, you know that disaster can strike. Get protected, just in case.
Your travel cover, your way. Make it your own
Choose your cover
- Gold: premium cover with unlimited emergency expenses in certain circumstances, unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs
- Silver: mid-level cover, with plenty of benefits including unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs
- Bronze: basic cover that includes unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs with some exclusions
- Annual Multi-Trip: top-up level cover for multiple international trips within one year
Get covered today and set off knowing your travel insurance is sorted.
- Unforeseen changes to your travel plans, including the costs of cancelling flights
- Accidental death and disability in certain circumstances
- Rental vehicle cover (on some plans)
- Loss of luggage
Why wait? Take a few minutes to get a quick online quote.
et optional cruise cover that protects you for:
- Medical and emergency dental treatments necessary while overseas
- Replacement of certain items that are lost, stolen or damaged
- Cover for cancelled or rescheduled day trips and additional outings due to unforeseen circumstances
- Cover for cabin confinement as a result of sickness or injury
- Cover for reasonable additional accommodation and travelling expenses due to missed cruise departures
Cruise cover is a must-have option for your next holiday.
Optional extra cover for valuables
Optional extra cover for valuables
Including (but not limited to):
Here's the answers to the most common questions about travel insurance from Bendigo Bank
Emergency Assistance Hotline support is available 24/7 which may include:
- Help securing travel information
- Referral to resources for legal advice
- Help with recovering lost items
- Medical advice from a medical professional
- Referral to appropriate doctors, hospitals and specialists in your location
- Transfer back to Australia when medically necessary
If you need to cancel your flights, or you cannot travel due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, your lost costs paid in advance will be reimbursed and you'll be reimbursed for loss of your frequent flyer points if you paid via points. If your flight is delayed or interrupted for over 6 hours outside of your control, costs of additional accommodation, meal or alternative transportation will be covered. Limits, restrictions and conditions apply, see PDS for full details.
More than 40 pre-existing medical conditions are covered, as detailed in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). These include migraine, gastric reflux, eczema, glaucoma, sleep apnoea, hormone replacement therapy, and more. You can also complete an online medical assessment to apply for additional cover we may provide for other pre-existing conditions.
If you are a temporary resident of Australia with an Australian visa, you may still be able to get travel insurance. However, temporary residents on tourist or working holiday visas are not eligible. Please see the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for eligibility and further information.