What is Professional Indemnity insurance?

If you give professional advice, you need professional indemnity insurance. If a customer makes a claim against you for financial loss, injury, or property damage as a result of your professional advice, you'll be covered.

Public liabilities

Covers you against claims of defamation, loss or damage to documents, infringement of intellectual property and more.

Public relations costs

Covers the cost of a public relations consultant to help mitigate damage to your reputation following a claim against your business.

Claims investigation cost

Covers the cost of investigating, defending and settling claims made against you.

Cover for a wide range of industries

Our Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover to over 200 businesses across a range of industries

  • Professionals

    Accountants, barristers, bookkeepers, migration agents, advertising, PR and marketing agencies, recruiters, IT and more

  • Health professionals

    Acupuncturists, chiropractors, dietitians, optometrists, occupational therapists, beauty therapists, osteopaths, coaches, pilates instructors and more

  • Designers

    Architects, building designers, engineers, landscape designers, graphic designers, interior designers and more

  • Hospitality

    Restaurants, cafes, bed and breakfasts, food vans, RSLs, golf clubs, coffee shops and more

  • Leisure

    Accommodation, adventure, sport, holiday camps, caravan parks, equipment hire companies, sporting guides and sporting operators, gymnasiums and more

  • Entertainers

    Dancers, actors, singers, performers, children's entertainers, comedians and more

  • Real estate

    Agents, conveyancers, buyers advocates, resident managers and more

  • Charity, community & NFP groups

    Association liability, disability care services and NDIS, childcare centres

  • Trades

    Builders, plumbers, chefs, electricians, landscapers, painters, tilers, plasterers, roofers, locksmiths, bricklayers, glaziers, carpenters, mechanics, bakers and more

Eligible products

Get 10% off the total price when you add 2 more covers

Broadform liability

Protects your business against claims for personal injury or property damage that occur because of your business activities.

Cyber protection

You're covered in the case of cyber hacks that damage your business.

Medical malpractice

Protects both professionals and establishments in the fields of medial and allied health.


Additional information:

Insurance products are issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as CGU Insurance and WFI and in arranging insurance policies the Bank acts under its own AFSL and an agreement with the insurer. Insurance products may also be arranged by Community Insurance Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 32 151 328 148, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bank and a Corporate Authorised Representative (No. 458332) of Community Broker Network Pty Ltd ABN 60 096 916 184 AFSL 233750.

Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 048 178 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 237879.