We're more international than you think
Competitive rates on all foreign exchange products and services
Comprehensive range of foreign exchange and travel needs
Locally based 24/7 customer support teams
Send funds overseas 24/7 using e-banking
Travel insurance can be arranged at your local branch or get a quote online
Flexible payment and collection options
Secure solutions for your travel & international payments
We have the solutions to your international payment needs.
Whether sending funds worldwide, or receiving them, we can help you safely and securely with over 25 different currencies.
Sending Telegraphic Transfers
Making overseas payments is quick and secure using our Telegraphic Transfer service. Available in 25 currencies worldwide.
Receiving Telegraphic Transfers
A Telegraphic Transfer is a simple and direct way to receive funds electronically in most currencies to your Bendigo Bank account.
An international Bank Draft is a cost effective way to send non-urgent payments overseas. It allows you to forward funds to an overseas recipient in their own currency.
Receiving Foreign Cheques
Your local branch can convert Foreign Cheques from 15 different currencies to Australian dollars for deposit to your Bendigo Bank account.
Travel money options
When travelling overseas we can help with organising your foreign currency requirements. We can assist with foreign cash, as well as credit, debit, and travel money cards.
Apply for one of our credit or debit cards quickly and easily before you head overseas to access the Mastercard® worldwide network.
- 24/7 fraud monitoring for your protection, for peace of mind on your trip of a lifetime.
- Choose from great-value Low Rate to our Platinum range of credit cards.
- Or use your own funds with a Debit Mastercard.
We offer very competitive rates. You can also exchange your foreign cash with us at any of our branches.
- Order foreign cash at any of our branches.
- Check out our rates on the most popular currencies.
- Multiple currencies available, if you are buying or selling foreign cash.
Cash Passport™ Platinum Mastercard®
The smarter travel money card.
- Load up to 11 currencies and use it at millions of locations worldwide - everywhere Mastercard is accepted.
- Load, spend and top up your card on the go, so you're always in control.
- Available at any Bendigo Bank branch.
How to manage cash
In many countries, a cup of coffee or a short taxi ride may only be possible with local currency. So, wherever you’re going, it’s always good to have some of the local currency when you arrive.
But remember, if you lose your cash it’s gone forever. It’s a good idea to have several different options available when you’re travelling. You may like to consider one of our credit cards.
How to manage and protect my cards
Let us know when and where you are travelling so we know your card is safe.
If travelling with more than one card, keep them separate so, if one is lost or stolen, you still have access to the other card.
What about dynamic currency conversion?
When travelling it's wise to try pay in local currency.
Some merchants may offer to accept payment in Australian Dollars, but poor exchange rates for these transactions may mean you pay more.
How can I get a discount?
- Don't forget to buy travel insurance before you leave.
- Keep copies of important documents, such as passport, visa’s, card numbers and phone numbers separate. Give them to someone at home or email them to yourself so if the unthinkable happens, you are able get access to them quickly;
- Always have a small amount of local currency on you when you travel - some things like a taxi or a cuppa may only take cash;
- Don’t carry too much cash on you – pickpockets are everywhere!
Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the Multi-currency Cash Passport™ and Cash Passport™ Platinum (“Cash Passport”) in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL 240 984). You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com.au before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you.
Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
* Lock-in your exchange rates means the exchange rate is locked in for the initial load only. The exchange rates for subsequent reloads will be set at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
^ Subject to any surcharge that may be imposed directly by merchants. Cash Passport is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or
adult entertainment. Currently Cash Passport cannot be used in the following countries and geographical regions due to sanctions that are
currently in place: Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. If you attempt to use your card at merchants in any of these countries and
geographical regions, your request will be declined. In addition, the ATMs and POS terminals are not owned or operated by the Issuer or
Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited and the Issuer or Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty
Limited are not responsible for ensuring that merchants will accept the Card. For example, the Issuer and Mastercard Prepaid Management
Services Australia Pty Limited cannot control when an ATM or POS terminal is due for maintenance or is faulty or if a merchant chooses not to
accept the Card. In such cases, your Card may not function properly or be declined. For more information please see the Product Disclosure
Statement at www.cashpassport.com.au.
+ Before you make a decision to acquire the card, please check www.cashpassport.com.au for the latest currencies supported.
% T&Cs apply. Customer must contact Customer service to report lost or stolen card. Emergency cash can be arranged up to the balance on your
Cash Passport, subject to availability of funds at the approved agent location.