Travel insurance you can rely on
If you're unwell or injured while travelling
We'll cover your overseas medical costs, so you focus on getting better
Emergency help when you need it
Call any time for immediate support from a travel claim specialist
Replacement of lost or stolen items
We can cover the cost of replacing your lost or stolen luggage
Tailor your travel insurance to your needs
Enjoy competitive travel insurance premiums with a range of terrific features
International medical costs
If you need to see a doctor, or there is an emergency and you need to see a dentist or are admitted to hospital while overseas for conditions covered by your policy, costs will be covered.
If your flights or travel plans are suddenly cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, you will be reimbursed for your prepaid flights and accommodation.
Hire car damage
If you're renting a car on holidays and get in an accident, your rental insurance excess is covered with our Gold, Silver and Domestic plans.
Travel delays, weather complications or accidents can impact your plans, but your accommodation and travel costs will be covered with our Gold and Silver plans.
Lost luggage or passport
If you lose your luggage or travel documents, we can provide cover for the cost of replacements.
Our travel insurance covers a range of more than 40 pre-existing conditions as listed in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and we may cover other conditions if you apply for additional cover for them.
Travel insurance for different types of travellers
Safeguard your travels with insurance that meets your needs and budget.
Backpackers and first-timers
You're off to see the world, but before you depart get travel insurance for peace of mind. Hopefully you'll never need help, but if you do support is on hand when you need it most.
Kids make travel more fun - and more complicated. Get travel insurance in case of injury, accident or illness, and enjoy travelling knowing you're covered as a precaution.
When you're an experienced traveller, you know that disaster can strike. Get protected, just in case.
Your travel cover, your way: make it your own
If your travel plans are distrupted, you get sick or have an accident when you're overseas, travel insurance may get the help you need.
Choose your cover
Whether you want comprehensive cover or just the basics, there's an option to suit your needs.
- Gold: premium cover with unlimited emergency expenses in certain circumstances, unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs
- Silver: mid-level cover, with plenty of benefits including unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs
- Bronze: basic cover that includes unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs with some exclusions
- Annual Multi-Trip: top-up level cover for multiple international trips within one year
Get covered today and set off knowing your travel insurance is sorted.
Play is safe when you travel Australia with one of our domestic travel insurance options.
You'll enjoy your exploration of Australia just a little bit more when you know what you're covered for:
- Unforeseen changes to your travel plans, including the costs of cancelling flights
- Accidental death and disability in certain circumstances
- Rental vehicle cover (on some plans)
- Loss of luggage
Why wait? Take a few minutes to get a quick online quote.
If you're going on snowboarding and skiing holidays get the optional extra cover you need.
If you get into a skiing or snowboarding accident, it pays to be covered with optional extras including:
- Costs of hiring skis or a snowboard if yours is lost, stolen or damaged
- Medical and emergency dental cover if you have an accident while skiing or snowboarding
- Cover for the costs of replacing your snowboard, skis and other snow equipment if yours is damaged or stolen
Read our travel insurance PDS for complete details and contact us to get started with travel insurance for your holiday in the snow.
Sailing the seas is more pleasant when you have peace of mind thanks to optional cruise holiday cover.
Going on a cruise? Get optional cruise cover that protects you for:
- Medical and emergency dental treatments necessary while overseas
- Replacement of certain items that are lost, stolen or damaged
- Cover for cancelled or rescheduled day trips and additional outings due to unforeseen circumstances
- Cover for cabin confinement as a result of sickness or injury
- Cover for reasonable additional accommodation and travelling expenses due to missed cruise departures
Cruise cover is a must-have option for your next holiday.
Get started today.
Optional extra cover for valuables
Protect your valued possessions with specific optional cover in case they are damaged, stolen or lost.
Optional extra cover for valuables
Protect your favourite items with specific optional cover for items you specify on you policy including (but not limited to):
- Golf clubs
Don't risk your valuables on holiday. Make sure they are covered and have a great time.
What kind of emergency support can I get?
Emergency Assistance Hotline support is available 24/7 which may include:
- Help securing travel information
- Referral to resources for legal advice
- Help with recovering lost items
- Medical advice from a medical professional
- Referral to appropriate doctors, hospitals and specialists in your location
- Transfer back to Australia when medically necessary
Are cancelled flights covered?
If you need to cancel your flights, or you cannot travel due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, your lost costs paid in advance will be reimbursed and you'll be reimbursed for loss of your frequent flyer points if you paid via points. If your flight is delayed or interrupted for over 6 hours outside of your control, costs of additional accommodation, meal or alternative transportation will be covered. Limits, restrictions and conditions apply, see PDS for full details.
Are pre-existing medical conditions covered?
More than 40 pre-existing medical conditions are covered, as detailed in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). These include migraine, gastric reflux, eczema, glaucoma, sleep apnoea, hormone replacement therapy, and more. You can also complete an online medical assessment to apply for additional cover we may provide for other pre-existing conditions.
Can I get travel cover if I'm on a temporary visa?
If you are a temporary resident of Australia with an Australian visa, you may still be able to get travel insurance. However, temporary residents on tourist or working holiday visas are not eligible. Please see the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for eligibility and further information.
Great reasons to choose us
- It's easy to claim: Make a claim quickly with 24-hour telephone support from a travel claims consultant to guide you through the claims process.
- Experienced insurers: Get insurance from experts. Our travel insurance is underwritten by CGU Insurance, an insurance provider with more than 165 years of experience.
- Support for local communities: Part of your premium helps support community projects and initiatives.
- Community Bank®: $200 million has been reinvested back into local communities.
Our travel insurance product is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. We have not considered your objectives, financial situation or needs in preparing this information. You should obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and consider the appropriateness of the product for you regarding to your objectives, financial situation and needs before making a decision about whether to acquire it.