Super for employers
Super products are issued by Sandhurst Trustees Limited
Bendigo SmartStart Super® makes it easy for you to meet your super obligations, so you can get back to doing what you do best - running your business.
Why SmartStart Super?
- A simple, low cost super fund for your employees
- MySuper authorised
- 5 star CANSTAR rating*
- Access to a SuperStream online payment solution
When we consider our big picture, we see a better future for our customers and the communities in which they live. A future made better with super.
*By CANSTAR 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
You need to choose a default fund that works for you, and your employees.
A default fund is where you will pay your employee's super, if your employee does not or cannot choose their own super fund. It must be a complying super fund that has a MySuper option.
You're also required to give eligible employees a Standard Choice Form within 28 days of starting to allow them to choose their own super fund. Where a choice is made, you must pay super contributions to your employee's chosen fund.
Super guarantee (SG) contributions
Generally, you need to pay SG contributions quarterly for employees who are:
- 18 years old and over
- working on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, and
- earning more than $450 in a calendar month, or
- under 18 years old and working more than 30 hours per week.
The current SG rate is 9.5% of your employee's ordinary time earnings.
Since July 2016, all employers need to be paying super contributions and sending data using the standard SuperStream format. Our online solution, Bendigo Superannuation Contribution Service, helps you meet your super obligations.
Watch our video to understand your super obligations.
Bendigo Superannuation Contribution Service takes the hassle out of paying your employees' super, and helps you meet your super obligations.
Once you've registered for the service, you can pay your super contributions – and complete general maintenance for your employee's accounts – online. You can find handy tips on how to use the service.
The easy-to-use online super contribution management and clearing-house solution allows you to:
- Pay all of your super contributions to multiple super funds in a single payment
- Carry out general maintenance tasks such as adding new employees, amending their details and removing exiting employees
- Meet your SuperStream obligations