Bendigo Bank is committed to ensuring the security of customer's money and personal information. We have implemented advanced security measures to address the issues associated with banking online, but it is equally important that our customers treat the security of their personal computers just as seriously.
Latest alert - 24 November 2020
Previous alert - 28 October 2020
Phishing scam alert
Please be alert to any unsolicited SMS or Emails claiming to be from Bendigo Bank. The below SMS is a Phishing Scam and should be deleted immediately. If in doubt, attend your local Branch or independently call 1300 236 344 to verify the legitimacy of the message received.
General tips to help keep you secure
- Never allow anyone to access your computer/device remotely.
- Never provide your 6-digit code from a security token to anyone over the phone.
- Do not respond to unsolicited calls, SMS or email asking you for personal information or financial details.
- Delete spam emails and do not open SMS or email attachments or click on links in SMS or emails from strangers.
- Be aware of email, internet and telephone hoaxes and scams – if something appears too good to be true, it almost certainly is.
- For more information protecting yourself from scams, refer to ACCC Scamwatch website for more information.
General tips to help keep you secure
- Keep your computer up to date by installing the latest security software and 'patches' for your operating system
- Ensure you have installed anti-virus/spyware software installed along with a firewall – and keep them up to date
- Make sure you have a current backup of your important personal information/files
- Delete spam emails and do not open email attachments or click on links in emails from strangers
- Do not respond to an unsolicited email asking you for personal information or financial details
- Be aware of email, internet and telephone hoaxes and scams – if something appears too good to be true, it almost certainly is
- If possible avoid using shared computers, such as those at internet cafes, hotels and airports
- For more information on how keep yourself secure online please see the Stay Smart Online website
Browse our help topics
- What is PayID?
- What are the benefits of PayID?
- Who can create a PayID?
- What happens if I lock my PayID?
- What if I don't like my PayID name?
- What happens if the PayID I want to use is already registered by someone else?
- What should I do if I don't receive the six digit verification code when creating a PayID?
- Is it safe to share my PayID?
- Do I need a PayID to make a fast payment?
- Can one PayID be linked to more than one account?
- Can a PayID be used to withdraw money from an account?
- Who can make fast payments?
- How safe and secure is this?
- What time will recurring fast payments be sent?
- How long do I have to approve a payment on a two to sign account?
- Is Osko by BPAY different from BPAY? Will it replace BPAY or BPAY View?
- What PayID types can be used?
- Will PayID replace BSBs and account numbers?
- Is PayID secure?
- Can I transfer my PayID to a Bendigo Bank account from another financial institution?
- Do you have to be registered for e-banking to create a PayID?
- Why might an account not be visible when creating a PayID in e-banking?
- Can a PayID be created on a term deposit account?
- What happens if I lose my mobile phone and that number was also my PayID?
- When using a PayID, how do I know I'm paying the right person?
- Can I have multiple PayIDs?
- Can a PayID be used to make or receive overseas payments?
- Who can receive fast payments?
- Can you give me an example of when I might need to use a fast payment?
- Do I have a different payment limit for fast payments?
- Where am I able to see transaction references over 280 characters?
- e-banking help
- Financial difficulty assistance
- Financial abuse support
- Vulnerable customer support
- Deceased estates
- Regular payments
- Affordable banking
- How to reduce your fees
- Closing your account
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Osko and PayID FAQs
- Unclaimed money
- Australian Taxation Office
- Foreign tax resident reporting
- Comprehensive credit reporting
- Digital Acceptance
- Managed funds