General tips to keep your device(s) secure
Things you must do
- Always set a passcode on your mobile device;
- Notify Bendigo Bank immediately if your device is lost or stolen, or you suspect your passcode has been compromised.
Things you must never do
- Never leave your mobile device unattended;
- Never allow another person to use your device to make purchases or payments;
- Do not use the Bendigo Bank app with a device other than a compatible Apple iPhone or Android device;
- Do not use the Bendigo Bank app, or logon to e-banking, with your mobile device web browser if your mobile device has been jailbroken.
General tips to use Bendigo Bank e‑banking features responsibly in our Bendigo Bank app
Setting up a four-digit PIN in the Bendigo Bank app makes it easier to logon than typing your Access ID and Password.
If using four-digit PIN we recommend you:
- Set your PIN to a sequence of numbers that cannot be easily guessed;
- Never keep a record of your four-digit PIN with your device, on your device or computer, or tell anyone your PIN;
- Be aware of who can see your device when entering your four-digit PIN.
You can change the four-digit PIN at any time from the settings menu within the app.
Touch ID (iOS Apple) and Android Fingerprint Login
On eligible devices, the Bendigo Bank app allows you to easily logon by using your fingerprint.
- Before you can enable the Bendigo Bank to logon using your fingerprint, you must first register your fingerprint(s) into your device;
- It is your responsibility to ensure the fingerprints stored on your device belong to you;
- If someone else knows your device passcode, any new fingerprints stored on your device will be able to login to the Bendigo Bank app.
Enabling Quick Balances will result in your selected account balances being displayed on the Bendigo Bank app home screen, allowing convenient access to your balances without the need to logon.
- Simply opening the Bendigo Bank app will provide immediate visibility of selected account balances;
- Do not leave your device unlocked when unattended, or share your device passcode;
- Do not enable Quick Balances on a device that can be easily accessed by others.
Browse our help topics
- What is PayID?
- What are the benefits of PayID?
- Who can create a PayID?
- What happens if I lock my PayID?
- What if I don't like my PayID name?
- What happens if the PayID I want to use is already registered by someone else?
- What should I do if I don't receive the six digit verification code when creating a PayID?
- Is it safe to share my PayID?
- Do I need a PayID to make a fast payment?
- Can one PayID be linked to more than one account?
- Can a PayID be used to withdraw money from an account?
- Who can make fast payments?
- How safe and secure is this?
- What time will recurring fast payments be sent?
- How long do I have to approve a payment on a two to sign account?
- Is Osko by BPAY different from BPAY? Will it replace BPAY or BPAY View?
- What PayID types can be used?
- Will PayID replace BSBs and account numbers?
- Is PayID secure?
- Can I transfer my PayID to a Bendigo Bank account from another financial institution?
- Do you have to be registered for e-banking to create a PayID?
- Why might an account not be visible when creating a PayID in e-banking?
- Can a PayID be created on a term deposit account?
- What happens if I lose my mobile phone and that number was also my PayID?
- When using a PayID, how do I know I'm paying the right person?
- Can I have multiple PayIDs?
- Can a PayID be used to make or receive overseas payments?
- Who can receive fast payments?
- Can you give me an example of when I might need to use a fast payment?
- Do I have a different payment limit for fast payments?
- Where am I able to see transaction references over 280 characters?
- e-banking help
- Financial difficulty assistance
- Financial abuse
- Deceased estates
- Regular payments
- Affordable banking
- How to reduce your fees
- Closing your account
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Osko and PayID FAQs
- Unclaimed money
- Lost superannuation
- Australian Taxation Office
- Foreign tax resident reporting
- Comprehensive credit reporting
- Digital Acceptance