Where to start
The process of buying your home can be broken down into some simple steps
Use our calculators to work out how much you can borrow and what deposit you need.
Repayments should not exceed 30% of pre-tax income - use the repayment calculator as a guide.
You may be entitled to the First Home Owners Grant, which can help with your deposit.
Check out properties and prices of homes similar to the one you want, in the area you want.
Found your home? Look through it a few times, and at different times of the day, to make sure it’s right for you.
Getting pest and building inspections can help you avoid unforeseen issues.
Our lenders will help with all the ins and outs of your loan and assist you in applying for the First Home Owners Grant.
Our lenders can also meet out of hours if that’s easier for you.
Know the loan process
You’ll need a solicitor or conveyancer to help with all the legal requirements.
They’ll guide you through the sales process, costs, and any fine details in the contract of sale.
Once you’ve found your new home contact us and we’ll get the process underway.
Depending on the valuation in your purchase contract and rates, we may organise a valuation.
Once finance is approved, and you’ve found your new home, you can pay your deposit.
Settlement date will be set and you can plan your move.
On settlement day we’ll draw down the loan and meet with the real estate agent and solicitor.
Then you can collect your keys from the agent and move in!
Know the costs
Bank fees include application, valuation, documentation and settlement fees
Stamp duty is based on the purchase price.
Registration and titles fees are charged to lodge the documents.
Conveyancer charge to review contract, prepare transfer of land, and complete required searches.
Save $625 on home loan fees*
Our lenders will go over all the fees and charges with you.
Best loans for you
Our Connect Package is designed to save you interest. When you connect your home loan with a range of eligible products, you could save up to 1.25% pa on your interest rate per annum
Interest rate2 (owner occupied)
Comparison Rate1 (owner occupied)
4.62% p.a.LEARN MORE APPLY NOW
Take the first step with a low 3.79% rate (4.06% p.a. comparison rate1)
3.79% p.a. (4.06% p.a. comparison rate) for the Connect Package4.
Zero establishment fees
Save $625 off the cost of your Connect Package*.
Bundle and save
Benefit from our low interest rate when you combine your Bendigo home loan with two other eligible Bendigo products.
Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply. All information including interest rate is subject to change without notice. Full details available on application. Lending criteria apply.
^ Mozo People's Choice Awards 2017
* To be eligible to save $625 on home loan fees, a new home loan application must be received after 25 October 2015. A new home loan must be for External Refinance and/ or Purchase and/or Construction for Owner Occupied property. The application must be for the Bendigo Connect product and the customer must currently hold or take out two additional or complementary products with Bendigo Bank. Complementary products cannot be from the same product type. Full details available on application. Terms and conditions, fees and charges and lending criteria apply.
- Important information about comparison rates: The comparison rates displayed are calculated for a loan amount of $150,000 over a 25-year loan term. All fixed rates are calculated on the basis that they roll to the residential variable rate at the end of the initial term. All comparison rates are calculated with a nil offset balance.
WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
- The interest rate displayed assumes at least three eligible products are held. Connect Package Home Loan interest rates are made up of the applicable interest rate depending on aggregate lending, minus a discount of 0.05% per eligible product held, up to a maximum of 0.15% off the tiered rate. Rates are based on variable P&I Owner Occupied loan for loan amount $250,000- $499,999.
- Rates are based on variable P&I Owner Occupied loan for loan amount $250,000- $499,999.
- Special rate is only available for new lending on the Connect Package product for NSW/ACT first home buyers (who have not previously owned a home or received a first home owners grant and/or concessions in Australia, see details here http://www.firsthome.gov.au/) with Owner Occupied, Principal and Interest home loans above $150,000 and two additional products taken as part of the Connect Package.
- Discount off of the Bendigo Investment Rate is made up of the applicable lending tier depending on your aggregate lending amount, plus a discount of 0.05% per eligible product, up to a maximum of 0.15% off the tiered rate. Discount varies depending on loan purpose.