Before starting your credit card application, make sure you meet our eligibility criteria and have your documentation ready.
Before you apply
To improve the likelihood of having your application approved in a timely manner, please read this section carefully before applying. If you have any questions or require further information, please call us on 1300 236 344 or visit your local Bendigo Bank branch.
To compare all our credit card products, download the key facts sheet.
Your card/s will be mailed via Australia Post. Please be aware Australia Post may be experiencing delivery delays that could impact how quickly you receive your card/s. We thank you for your understanding.
Victorian driver licence holders please note:
Victorian driver licence holders will now be required to provide their driver licence card number when applying online.
Your card number can be found on the back of your physical licence, either:
- On the right-hand corner; or
- Under your year of birth (if your licence was issued prior to November 2022).
Check your eligibility to apply online
- I'm an individual, not a company
- I'm 18+ years of age
- I'm not currently bankrupt or insolvent
- I’m looking for a credit card for personal use, not business use
- I’m applying for a credit card in my name only
I'm an Australian citizen or permanent resident who is living/working in Australia.
I'm the holder of one of the following acceptable visa subclasses and have applied for permanent Australian residency and have a minimum of 12 months remaining on my visa:
- 482 (excluding short term stream)
I receive a regular income from one of the following accepted sources:
- PAYG (Permanent, non-permanent and casual employment)
- Managed superannuation
- Self-managed superannuation
- Self employed
Items to have ready
1Your e-banking access ID if you're an existing Bendigo Bank customer. If you're a new customer you can still apply, however you may be required to visit a branch if we're unable to verify your identity online.
2Current and previous employment information.
3Your financial details including, income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
4Personal information including your drivers licence (if you have one).
Things to consider
- Have your documents and information ready. Providing the right documents promptly, will assist with a smooth application process.
- Your credit exposure. Should you consider closing other credit cards before making this credit card application? We must consider the overall credit limits of any existing credit cards, even if you're not using them.
- Double check your application is correct before submitting. Errors could cause delays or even mean your application may be declined.
Do you have everything listed below?
All your financial information - (income and expenses, assets and liabilities)
Your income verification documentation from the last 3 months, such as payslips, bank statements and rental income
Your frequent flyer number (if applying for a Qantas Platinum Credit Card)
Your balance transfer credit card details (if applying for a Balance Transfer).
Online application process flow
1. Apply online
To complete your online application, we recommend allowing up to 15 minutes.
2. Quick outcome
Within 60 seconds you’ll receive the provisional outcome. If your application is provisionally approved, it’s then subject to verification by our team.
3. Processing your application
For our team to verify your application, we may ask you for additional information or documentation, such as bank statements. Having easy access to these documents will be helpful.
Things you should know
Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply. All information, including interest rates and fees, is correct as at 15/07/2021 and is subject to change. Full details available on application. Credit criteria apply.
Credit provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 237879