Our Green Home Loan rewards you for renovating or building in a sustainable way, with discounts on interest rates for those who meet our green criteria.
Key features of the Green Home Loan
Receive up to a 1.10% p.a. reduction on our residential variable rate and no monthly service fee. Existing mortgages may also be eligible – but all homes need to be owner-occupied.
Loans from $5,000 for up to 30 years
Competitive interest rate, calculated daily and debited monthly
Online redraw available
Choose weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments
Unlimited additional repayments
How to qualify for a Green Home Loan
We've completed extensive research with various industry bodies to develop a Green Home Loan that makes building an energy- or water-efficient home more affordable.
Make your house greener, and ultimately save money on utility bills as well as helping the environment through reduced consumption of non-renewable energy.
You can qualify in two ways:
- Criteria 1 – Your building or renovation must comply with the minimum environmental standard required in your state or territory.
- Criteria 2 – You must be installing a minimum of two items from List A, or one item from List B, below.
Things to note:
- These systems need to be properly installed in appropriate conditions to get the best results.
- Customers will be required to provide planning permits, plumbing compliance and installation certificates for grey-water treatment systems.
- All installed items must be above and beyond minimum state requirements. For example, to comply with the new criteria an applicant who is building a new home in Victoria would need to build a 5-Star rated home, plus choose to install either a rainwater tank or solar hot-water system, and in addition install other items from List A or B below.
Any two of the following will meet Criteria 2:
- Double or triple glazing - Reduces heating and cooling power needs by making your home more temperate.
- Solar hot water heater or heat pump - Reduces your grid power use for heating water.
- Water-storage tanks (min 2,500 L capacity) - Reduces your reliance on shared water supplies.
- Roof and wall insulation - Reduces heating and cooling power needs by making your home more temperate.
Any one of the following will meet Criteria 2:
- Alternative power supply - Reduces dependence on fossil fuels; allows you to generate your own power.
- Solar power (min 1.5kw photovoltaic system) - Reduces your grid power use; allows you to generate your own power from a renewable source.
- Wind turbine (min 1.5kw) - Reduces your grid power use; allows you to generate your own power from a renewable source.
- Micro hydro system (min 1.0kw) - Reduces grid power use; allows you to generate your own power from a renewable source.
- Grey or black-water treatment system (connected to laundry and all bathrooms) - Reduces your reliance on water-storage dams and shared supplies (planning permits and installation certificates required).
Explore our home loans
Basic Home Loan
Principal & Interest
Variable interest rate
Principal & Interest
Variable interest rate2
Principal & Interest
2 year fixed interest rate3
Home loan calculators
1 Important information about comparison rate: The comparison rate displayed is calculated for a loan of $150,000 over 25 years. If the comparison rate relates to a loan with a fixed interest rate, the comparison rate has been calculated on the basis that our current applicable variable rate will apply at the end of the fixed rate period. WARNING: The comparison rate is true only for the example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
2 Connect Package: Offer is available to customers that take out a new owner occupied, principal and interest home loan above $150,000 with a loan to value ratio of up to 80%, and three additional eligible products taken as part of the Connect Package. Eligible products held products cannot be from the same product type. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time.
3 Connect Package 2 Year Fixed: Offer is available to customers with owner occupied, principal and interest home loans, a loan to valuation ratio of up to maximum of 95% and three additional eligible products. Eligible products cannot be from the same product type. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time.
5Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. Please consider your situation and consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision