Everything you need to know about using your Bendigo Bank credit card.
We are experiencing a high number of disputes in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Please contact the merchant if the transaction is relating to a travel related purchase prior to submitting a Card Transaction Dispute Advice to see if you are entitled to a refund.
Manage my card
You are in control of your card. Manage the limit, add an additional card holder or dispute a transaction. Your Bendigo Bank card works for you.
Change your credit card limit, cancel your credit card account or change your card
If you are looking to make changes to your credit card there are a number of options for you:
- Call a Credit Card consultant on 1300 236 344 and select option 0 and then option 4.
- Send us a secure message by logging into Bendigo Bank e-Banking or Bendigo Bank e-banking app*.
- Log in with your Access ID, password and Security token (if needed), or your four-digit PIN.
- Select ‘Support’.
- Under ‘Messages’ select ‘Write a Message’ to send us a secure message.
- If you do not have access to Bendigo Bank e-banking or Bendigo Bank e-banking app, please contact us via our online enquiry form*.
- Complete the required fields and click submit.
- Complete the required fields and click submit.
- Contact any Bendigo Bank branch
Add a cardholder
Share the benefits of your card with family members (over 16 years old).
You'll earn their reward points, and there are no additional cardholder fees to pay.
- For more information call 1300 236 344 or contact your local Bendigo Bank branch
- If the additional cardholder is not an existing customer, they will need to provide identification in branch.
Dispute a transaction
If you wish to dispute a transaction on your card, you should do this as soon as possible and in accordance with the timeline for your card.
- Before initiating a dispute, make sure you’ve contacted the merchant first, this is often the quickest and easiest way to obtain a refund.
- Print and complete the Card Transaction Dispute Advice.
- Download, print or scan any documents and receipts.
- Return the form and documents to us.
- We will investigate and let you know once resolved.
Getting the form back to us:
The way we calculate interest saves you money.
- We charge interest from the statement date, not the purchase date - so your interest-free days apply, even if you don't pay off your balance in full.
- We only charge interest on the outstanding amount; any amount paid by the due date won't attract interest.
- There is no interest free period for cash advances or balance transfers.
Up to 55 days interest free
The 55-day interest-free period consists of your 30-day statement cycle, plus the 25 days to the payment due date. The number of interest-free days will vary for each transaction, depending on which day in the 30-day statement cycle the purchase is made.
Paying your credit balance
Your credit card statement
Receive your detailed statement monthly.
Check all details and contact us if anything doesn’t seem right.
Check the due date, minimum repayment and closing balance.
Pay at least the minimum repayment before the due date.
There are a number of ways you can make your repayments
- Automatic direct debit from your account.
- Online via Bendigo e-banking or BPAY from other financial institutions.
- Direct transfer through Bendigo Bank phone banking.
- By cash, cheque or direct transfer in branch.
- Through one of our deposit ATMs.
- Through Bank@Post at participating Australia Post Offices.
Pay by post
Mail the completed detachable section of your statement along with your personal cheque to:
Benefits of recurring payments
Setting up a recurring payment with a merchant allows them to debit your card automatically meaning you pay on time, every time.
Things to note
- Recurring payments are an agreement between you and the merchant.
- Keep a record of payments, so you know exactly what you've set up.
- Notify the merchant when your card details change, e.g. card number or expiry date.
- Keep a copy of correspondence about recurring payments, as well as earlier agreements; you'll need them if you have a dispute with a merchant.
How do I cancel a recurring payment?
- To cancel a recurring payment you should contact the merchant at least 15 days before the next scheduled payment and keep a copy of the cancellation request.
- If the merchant does not act in accordance with your instructions you may be able to dispute the transaction.
- When your card number changes you must ask the merchant to change the details of your existing recurring payment arrangement to ensure the payments continue.
Making a balance transfer
Transfer all or part of your balance from another bank to a Bendigo Bank credit card and save on your interest repayments.
Save money with our interest-free period.
Balance will revert to annual purchase rate after interest free period, not the cash advance rate.
Manage your credit-card debt more easily when it's all in one place.
Join a Bank that's consistently rated highly for trust and satisfaction.
How to make a balance transfer
- Choose to make a balance transfer when you're applying for your new Bendigo Bank credit card.
- Provide the BPAY details of your other credit card and the amount you want to transfer, and we will process the transfer.
- Close your other credit card account; we are unable to do this on your behalf.
- To transfer the balance from another credit card onto your existing Bendigo Bank credit card, contact us.
Things to note
- From other Bendigo Bank credit card accounts.
- From credit or store cards issued outside Australia.
- If your Bendigo Bank credit card has reached or exceeded its credit limit.
- If you are in default under an existing Bendigo Bank credit card at the time you apply.
- If the credit or store card named in your application has reached or exceeded its credit limit or is in default.
Shop with confidence online or in-store
Take advantage of our contactless cards for quick and easy in-store transactions. And use our collaboration with Visa and Mastercard to make shopping online convenient and secure.
Contactless technology lets you speed through the checkout by simply tapping your card.
- Use it wherever you see the contactless logo.
- Tap your card against the reader where the contactless symbol appears.
- Transactions over $100 will prompt you to enter your PIN.
- Bendigo Bank cards are embedded with secure encryption technology which protects your card data.
- Because your card remains in your possession throughout the transaction, your chances of fraud are reduced.
- As long as you take reasonable care when using your card, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised transactions.
- In the event that your card is lost or stolen, or you notice unauthorised transactions performed on your account, let us know immediately.
Use MasterPass™ or Visa Checkout for safer and more convenient online shopping.
These services let you store your details for multiple cards and addresses – so you don't need to re-enter them every time you check out.
- Checkout online with one log on and password.
- Store all major credit, debit and prepaid card details (from any financial institution) in one online location.
- Store all your shipping and delivery details for multiple addresses (e.g. home, work).
- Safe and secure technology protects your personal information.
- Register free for MasterPass.
- Register free for Visa Checkout.
Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 20/6/2019 and is subject to change. Full details available on application. Lending criteria apply. Interest rate and annual fee current at 20/06/2019. Rates and fees are subject to change. Credit provided by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178 Australian Credit Licence 237879.
*Please DO NOT provide your card number when using Bendigo Bank e-banking and Bendigo Bank e-banking app messaging service OR the online enquiry form.
If you wish to close your account, you need to completely pay down the balance on your account, inclusive of all fees and charges. If you are unsure of the closing balance, please contact 1300 236 344 to obtain the exact payout figure.
If you have a Platinum Rewards Mastercard, before closing your account we encourage you to redeem your points. Any points not redeemed before the account is closed will be forfeited.
If you use your credit card to access your transaction account, you will need to consider ordering a debit card to ensure you continue to have access to your funds. For more information on how to do this, visit our Debit Cards page or call 1300 236 344.
Please ensure all your contact details are up to date and note that your request has not been finalised until you receive confirmation from Bendigo Bank either verbally, in branch, over the phone or in writing.
All requests will be assessed and subject to approval and Bendigo Bank is not obliged to reduce the limit below any specified minimum credit limits.