Comprehensive credit reporting
- Information about your current consumer credit accounts with us. Such as the type of credit, the credit limit, open and close date of the account(s);
- Information about whether your monthly repayments have been paid on time (allowing a 14-day grace period).
We have commenced sharing credit related information with credit reporting body/ies (CRBs). We are initially sharing this credit related information with Equifax. We may also disclose your credit related information to other CRBs. This information may not be immediately visible on your credit report. It depends on when payments are due, when your account opened or closed, and when we send the information to the CRB.
In addition to sharing your credit related information, we will also be using CCR data to assess credit applications. CCR enables credit providers to obtain a more comprehensive view of your financial position. Helping us to lend more responsibly and fairly.
Browse our help topics
- What is PayID?
- What are the benefits of PayID?
- Who can create a PayID?
- What happens if I lock my PayID?
- What if I don't like my PayID name?
- What happens if the PayID I want to use is already registered by someone else?
- What should I do if I don't receive the six digit verification code when creating a PayID?
- Is it safe to share my PayID?
- Do I need a PayID to make a fast payment?
- Can one PayID be linked to more than one account?
- Can a PayID be used to withdraw money from an account?
- Who can make fast payments?
- How safe and secure is this?
- What time will recurring fast payments be sent?
- How long do I have to approve a payment on a two to sign account?
- Is Osko by BPAY different from BPAY? Will it replace BPAY or BPAY View?
- What PayID types can be used?
- Will PayID replace BSBs and account numbers?
- Is PayID secure?
- Can I transfer my PayID to a Bendigo Bank account from another financial institution?
- Do you have to be registered for e-banking to create a PayID?
- Why might an account not be visible when creating a PayID in e-banking?
- Can a PayID be created on a term deposit account?
- What happens if I lose my mobile phone and that number was also my PayID?
- When using a PayID, how do I know I'm paying the right person?
- Can I have multiple PayIDs?
- Can a PayID be used to make or receive overseas payments?
- Who can receive fast payments?
- Can you give me an example of when I might need to use a fast payment?
- Do I have a different payment limit for fast payments?
- Where am I able to see transaction references over 280 characters?
- e-banking help
- Financial difficulty assistance
- Financial abuse support
- Vulnerable customer support
- Deceased estates
- Regular payments
- Affordable banking
- How to reduce your fees
- Closing your account
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Osko and PayID FAQs
- Unclaimed money
- Australian Taxation Office
- Foreign tax resident reporting
- Comprehensive credit reporting
- Digital Acceptance
- Managed funds