What is a credit report?
Credit reporting bodies (CRBs) collect and share credit information, with credit providers, by providing a credit report.
A credit report provides information about your credit history. Credit providers use the information to assist them to determine your suitability for certain products.
You are entitled to a free copy of your credit report every 12 months from each CRB. This will provide you with the opportunity to see what information is available as well as check for any inaccuracies. For a copy of your credit report, contact the credit reporting bodies directly – Equifax, Experian, Illion. The bank can only provide you with a copy of your credit report, at the time of your credit application.
Visit CreditSmart for a sample credit report.
Browse our help topic
- What is PayID?
- What are the benefits of PayID?
- When will PayID be available?
- Is PayID secure?
- Can I transfer my PayID to a Bendigo Bank account from another financial institution?
- Do you have to be registered for e-banking to create a PayID?
- Why might an account not be visible when creating a PayID in e-banking?
- Can a PayID be created on a term deposit account?
- What happens if I lose my mobile phone and that number was also my PayID?
- When using a PayID, how do I know I'm paying the right person?
- Can I have multiple PayIDs?
- Can a PayID be used to make or receive overseas payments?
- Who can receive fast payments?
- Can you give me an example of when I might need to use a fast payment?
- Do I have a different payment limit for fast payments?
- Where am I able to see transaction references over 280 characters?
- What PayID types can be used?
- Will PayID replace BSBs and account numbers?
- Who can create a PayID?
- What happens if I lock my PayID?
- What if I don't like my PayID name?
- What happens if the PayID I want to use is already registered by someone else?
- What should I do if I don't receive the six digit verification code when creating a PayID?
- Is it safe to share my PayID?
- Do I need a PayID to make a fast payment?
- Can one PayID be linked to more than one account?
- Can a PayID be used to withdraw money from an account?
- Who can make fast payments?
- How safe and secure is this?
- What time will recurring fast payments be sent?
- How long do I have to approve a payment on a two to sign account?
- Is Osko by BPay different from BPay? Will it replace BPay or BPay View?
- e-banking help
- Financial difficulty assistance
- Financial abuse
- Deceased estates
- Regular payments
- Affordable banking
- How to reduce your fees
- Closing your account
- Osko and PayID FAQs
- Unclaimed money
- Lost superannuation
- Australian Taxation Office
- Foreign tax resident reporting
- Comprehensive credit reporting