Visit our COVID-19 help page for ways we can help you and the latest information.
Skip to main content
Locate us 1300 236 344
Financial planningFuneral Bonds
Help home
Affordable banking How to reduce your fees Unclaimed money Centrelink Australian Taxation Office Foreign tax resident reporting

How do I cancel or change direct debits (automatic payments)?

If you are the personal representative of the deceased and a deposit (transaction) account or credit card account is still open we can provide you with a list of direct debits and recurring payments.

Please contact us and request a copy. You can ask us to cancel a direct debit request or investigate an unauthorised direct debit and we will promptly process this.

If the deposit or credit card account is in the sole name of the deceased, a restriction will be placed on the account preventing further direct debits or recurring payments.

Browse our help topics


Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited, ABN 11 068 049 178 AFSL / Australian Credit Licence 237879. Any advice provided on this website is of a general nature only and does not take into account your personal needs, objectives and financial circumstances. You should consider whether it is appropriate for your situation. Please read the applicable Disclosure Documents before acquiring any product described on this website. Please also review our Financial Services Guide (FSG) before accessing information on this website. Information on this page can change without notice to you.

© Copyright 2020 Bendigo and Adelaide Bank