Why am I unable to register an Automatic Security Token?
If you do not see the Automatic Security Token registration banner, please ensure you have checked the following:
- Automatic Security Tokens are only available inside the Bendigo Bank app. Please ensure you have the most up to date version installed.
- You must logon with your Four-digit PIN or biometric (Touch ID/fingerprint or Face ID).
- You must have a security token registered against your account.
To register an Automatic Security Token, you will be asked to enter the 6-digit code from the security token registered against your account.
When entering your 6-digit security code, you may experience one of the following errors:
- “Please provide a valid security token”
The 6-digit code that was entered was not valid. This could be because you did not enter the code correctly, or due to the security token not being correctly registered against your account.
If you need to check if your security token is correctly registered against your account, please visit your local branch or call us on 1300 236 344.
- “Unable to activate”
Please deregister your device by selecting Settings > Manage Devices and then select Deregister device on the device you have logged in on. After deregistering your device, you will have to select Settings > Setup Four-digit PIN to enable your Four-digit PIN again and then you will be able to register for an Automatic Security Token.
If you have not setup your Four-digit PIN again, you will need to use your Access ID and Password on your next logon to that device until you setup your Four-digit PIN. Once this is done, you will then be able to register for your Automatic Security Token.
Browse our help topics
- What is PayID?
- What are the benefits of PayID?
- Who can create a PayID?
- What happens if I lock my PayID?
- What if I don't like my PayID name?
- What happens if the PayID I want to use is already registered by someone else?
- What should I do if I don't receive the six digit verification code when creating a PayID?
- Is it safe to share my PayID?
- Do I need a PayID to make a fast payment?
- Can one PayID be linked to more than one account?
- Can a PayID be used to withdraw money from an account?
- Who can make fast payments?
- How safe and secure is this?
- What time will recurring fast payments be sent?
- How long do I have to approve a payment on a two to sign account?
- Is Osko by BPAY different from BPAY? Will it replace BPAY or BPAY View?
- What PayID types can be used?
- Will PayID replace BSBs and account numbers?
- Is PayID secure?
- Can I transfer my PayID to a Bendigo Bank account from another financial institution?
- Do you have to be registered for e-banking to create a PayID?
- Why might an account not be visible when creating a PayID in e-banking?
- Can a PayID be created on a term deposit account?
- What happens if I lose my mobile phone and that number was also my PayID?
- When using a PayID, how do I know I'm paying the right person?
- Can I have multiple PayIDs?
- Can a PayID be used to make or receive overseas payments?
- Who can receive fast payments?
- Can you give me an example of when I might need to use a fast payment?
- Do I have a different payment limit for fast payments?
- Where am I able to see transaction references over 280 characters?
- e-banking help
- Financial difficulty assistance
- Financial abuse support
- Vulnerable customer support
- Deceased estates
- Regular payments
- Affordable banking
- How to reduce your fees
- Closing your account
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Osko and PayID FAQs
- Unclaimed money
- Australian Taxation Office
- Foreign tax resident reporting
- Comprehensive credit reporting
- Digital Acceptance
- Managed funds