Skip to main content
Locate usPhone:
Financial adviceFuneral Bonds
Bendigo Bank
Personal homeFinancial adviceFuneral Bonds

Temporary residents departing Australia

If you’re a temporary resident and you leave Australia permanently you may be eligible for a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP). Withholding taxes may apply to the DASP. However, if you do not make a claim within 6 months, we are required to transfer your super to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as unclaimed super. Once your account has been transferred you will need to contact the ATO directly to claim it. For more information please visit

In accordance with relief provided by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), a notice or exit statement will not be sent to you if your unclaimed super is transferred to the ATO.

Bendigo Bank
Connect with us

Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited, ABN 11 068 049 178 AFSL / Australian Credit Licence 237879. Any advice provided on this website is of a general nature only and does not take into account your personal needs, objectives and financial circumstances. You should consider whether it is appropriate for your situation. Please read the applicable Disclosure Documents before acquiring any product described on this website. Please also review our Financial Services Guide (FSG) before accessing information on this website. Information on this page can change without notice to you.

© Copyright 2021 Bendigo and Adelaide Bank