Vulnerable customer support
Providing extra care when you need it most
We understand that life throws us curveballs that sometimes we don't see coming. These curveballs can come at any one of us, in all sorts of situations and at different times in our lives.
Perhaps you have lost your job or grieving for a loved one, maybe it's your health that isn't the best or you’re going through a separation. Whatever that curveball is, it can leave you feeling vulnerable, lost and alone. Navigating your banking becomes hard and you may need a helping hand to manage this.
During these times, being able to chat to someone may help.
Face to face support
We encourage our customers to visit any of our branches to speak to our staff. Our front-line staff have been trained to not only recognise when a customer may be vulnerable, but also to understand how to respond and support our customers when they tell us they are vulnerable.
We have a specialised team dedicated to talk to our customers experiencing vulnerable situations. The team can assist to co-ordinate the support you need by ensuring you don’t have to tell your story more than once. Call 1300 023 583, 8:30 - 5:00pm Mon-Fri (AEST) for that little bit of extra care you need right now.
If speaking to us about your personal circumstances doesn’t feel right, there's always services outside of the Bank that you may prefer to contact.
Browse our help topic
- What is PayID?
- What are the benefits of PayID?
- Who can create a PayID?
- What happens if I lock my PayID?
- What if I don't like my PayID name?
- What happens if the PayID I want to use is already registered by someone else?
- What should I do if I don't receive the six digit verification code when creating a PayID?
- Is it safe to share my PayID?
- Do I need a PayID to make a fast payment?
- Can one PayID be linked to more than one account?
- Can a PayID be used to withdraw money from an account?
- Who can make fast payments?
- How safe and secure is this?
- What time will recurring fast payments be sent?
- How long do I have to approve a payment on a two to sign account?
- Is Osko by BPAY different from BPAY? Will it replace BPAY or BPAY View?
- What PayID types can be used?
- Will PayID replace BSBs and account numbers?
- Is PayID secure?
- Can I transfer my PayID to a Bendigo Bank account from another financial institution?
- Do you have to be registered for e-banking to create a PayID?
- Why might an account not be visible when creating a PayID in e-banking?
- Can a PayID be created on a term deposit account?
- What happens if I lose my mobile phone and that number was also my PayID?
- When using a PayID, how do I know I'm paying the right person?
- Can I have multiple PayIDs?
- Can a PayID be used to make or receive overseas payments?
- Who can receive fast payments?
- Can you give me an example of when I might need to use a fast payment?
- Do I have a different payment limit for fast payments?
- Where am I able to see transaction references over 280 characters?
- e-banking help
- Financial difficulty assistance
- Financial abuse
- Vulnerable customer support
- Deceased estates
- Regular payments
- Affordable banking
- How to reduce your fees
- Closing your account
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Osko and PayID FAQs
- Unclaimed money
- Australian Taxation Office
- Foreign tax resident reporting
- Comprehensive credit reporting
- Digital Acceptance
- Managed funds