e-banking help

For help with your e-banking, both online and via our app, check out our FAQs below which cover a range of topics including:

  • Registering
  • Security
  • Tokens
  • Trouble-shooting
  • Technical information
  • and more ...

Financial difficulty assistance

We understand there may be times when your personal circumstances change. Perhaps you’ve lost your job, suffered an illness or injury or have been impacted by a natural disaster. If, as a result, you can’t afford the minimum repayment on your loan or credit card, and you would like us to consider if we can provide you with financial difficulty assistance, please contact us immediately. In many instances a temporary arrangement can be made quickly and efficiently over the phone. Alternatively we may need to complete a more detailed assessment of your personal and financial circumstances to identify how we may be able to help you.

Contact Mortgage Help Centre

Phone:  1300 652 146

Email:    Mortgage Help Centre

Post:      PO Box 480, Bendigo, Victoria, 3552

What is the application process?

If you think you are, or will be, unable to meet your debt obligations please contact us as soon as possible.

Depending on your situation we may be able to enter into a temporary arrangement quickly and efficiently over the phone.

Alternatively we may require further information and documentation to help us understand your financial position and determine whether assistance is appropriate.

The Bank may require:

  • a statement of financial position to be completed summarising your current income, expenditure, assets and liabilities
  • employment contract and/or payslips
  • account statements
  • Centrelink statement and/or social security payment details
  • medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner
  • employment separation statement
  • contract of sale / sales agency agreement
  • other documents which support your request

After you have provided us with all the requested information necessary to review your financial situation we will provide you with a decision within 21 days.

How will we confirm the arrangement?

We will confirm the details with you verbally and/or in writing.

You will need to ensure that you meet the terms of the arrangement.

If you are subsequently unable to meet these terms, you should contact us as soon as possible to discuss your situation.

What if I am not satisfied with the outcome of the assessment?

Please contact our Customer Feedback Team on 1300 361 911 or at feedback@bendigoadelaide.com.au  We will promptly investigate your complaint and notify you of the outcome.

If you are not satisfied with the response provided you have the option of referring the matter to the Customer Advocate who will impartially assess your complaint, keep you informed of the progress and provide you with a response.

The Customer Advocate can be contacted by:

Telephone - 1300 139 572 (+61 3 5485 7919) between 8:30am and 5:00pm Victorian time, weekdays
Email - customeradvocate@bendigoadelaide.com.au
Post/Letter - write to Customer Advocate, P.O. Box 480, Bendigo, Vic, 3552
Alternatively (or following consideration by the Customer Advocate) you may refer your complaint directly to the relevant External Dispute Resolution (EDR) scheme.

Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 1800 931 678
Fax: 03 9613 6399
Email: info@afca.org.au

What are some assistance options?

The options available will depend on your personal circumstances and financial situation. Some of these may include:

  • tailoring a payment arrangement
  • deferring or reducing loan payments for a defined period of time
  • extending the loan term
  • capitalising loan arrears

How will we assess your application for financial difficulty assistance?

Our dedicated team will contact you and will take into account the following types of factors when assessing your request:

  • reason for financial hardship
  • your current financial position
  • your ability to meet the commitments under the proposed arrangement and future repayments under the contract
  • the ability to rehabilitate your circumstances (based on whether the financial difficulty assistance will offer genuine relief to restore your financial situation)

What happens if my application is declined?

There may be a number of reasons why we decide not to provide financial difficulty assistance. If this is the case the reason for this decision will be explained to you in writing. We will also seek to discuss the next steps we will take and other available options with you.

Understanding financial abuse

Financial abuse occurs when one person manipulates another to control their finances and property without their consent. It can come in many forms and we understand that it may be difficult for you to seek assistance.

We have established the Financial Assist Support Team (FAST) who can help you, or your authorised representative, regain control of your finances. Our staff will protect your confidentiality and safety at all times.

Helping you with Deceased Estates

We understand this can be a stressful and difficult time for you.

While the best place for you to start is to visit your local branch, we have also put together information to help you through this challenging time.

Frequent questions about regular payments

A regular payment is an agreement between a customer and a merchant to debit either a bank account or a card at a determined interval agreed by both parties. There are two types of regular payments - direct debit and recurring payment.

What is a direct debit?

A direct debit is an agreement or contract between a customer and a merchant (biller, supplier, service provider) which allows the supplier to debit the customer’s nominated bank account.

When, as a customer, you set up a direct debit you are setting up an agreement between yourself and the merchant. You give that supplier permission to electronically withdraw a nominated amount from your bank account on a date you request and at regular intervals. You will give your bank account details (BSB and account number) to the merchant to allow them to debit your bank account regularly to pay for the services they provide you.

On which accounts can I set up regular payments?

Any transaction account, savings account, credit or debit card.

For a transaction or savings account, you will nominate the bank account number you wish to use.  If that bank account has a debit card attached to it, you may choose to use the debit card number.

How do I cancel a recurring payment on my debit or credit card?

To cancel a recurring payment from your debit or credit card, you should contact the merchant at least 15 days before the next scheduled payment and keep a copy of the cancellation request.

If the merchant does not act in accordance with your instructions you may be able to dispute the transaction.

What happens to my recurring payments when I get a new card?

You will need to notify each merchant of the new card number. This form may assist you.

What is a recurring payment?

Recurring payments are regular payments from your credit card account or from your debit card. . This is where you give your credit or debit card details (card number, expiry date and security code) to allow a merchant or supplier to charge your credit card regularly to pay for the services they provide you.

How do I cancel a direct debit on my bank account?

You can ask us to cancel your direct debit request and we will promptly do this.

You can provide this request in writing, by phone, via secure email in e-banking or by coming into one of our branches.

Once you have requested us to cancel your direct debit, you may also wish to contact the merchant to advise them that you are seeking to cancel your direct debit.

Is there an easy way to keep track of my direct debits and other regular payments?

Yes. We suggest you keep a record of any regular payments you have set up using your accounts or cards numbers. This form may help you do this.

Comprehensive credit reporting

Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR) is being introduced across financial services in Australia.  The introduction of CCR changes how credit information is reported to credit reporting bodies and may affect the information displayed on your credit report.

CCR enables credit providers to obtain a more comprehensive view of your financial position, assisting us to lend more responsibly and more fairly.

Additional sources of information that may be relevant to your finances

Unclaimed money

When money remains in a bank account for more than 7 years without being transacted upon, it becomes Unclaimed Monies. Financial institutions are required to forward Unclaimed Monies to the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). This money can be claimed back from ASIC by the owner of the funds through visiting your local Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited branch and completing and Application to Claim Unclaimed Money form, which the branch will submit to ASIC on your behalf.

Visit the ASIC website

Lost superannuation

When money remains in a superannuation fund for a period of time without additional contributions being made, the funds are eventually sent to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as the funds are considered to be "lost" or "unclaimed". You can claim back the value of your superannuation fund by visiting the ATO website.

Visit the ATO website


Australian Taxation Office

Find out more about your tax obligations, and the implications of not lodging your tax file number against your bank accounts.

visit the ATO website

Foreign tax resident reporting

Australia is one of many countries committed to meeting the global standards relating to the automatic exchange of financial account information.

The law requires that information be collected by financial institutions, including Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, for reporting to relevant tax authorities in their jurisdiction.  Tax authorities in each jurisdiction will then exchange this information with each other to help ensure that everyone pays the right amount of tax.

Information reported to Tax authorities in the country(ies) of your tax residence is handled in the strictest of confidence, protected by administrative practices, national laws and binding international treaties.

The laws that require us to collect and exchange this information are:

  • Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is the United States legislation for customers who may be US residents or citizens for taxation purposes, which came into effect 1 July 2014.
  • Common Reporting Standard (CRS) is the single global standard for the collection, reporting and exchange of financial account information on foreign tax residents, which came into effect 1 July 2017.

What does this mean for you?

You will be required to tell us if you are a tax resident of a country(ies) other than Australia, whenever you open an account.  This requirement applies to individuals, foreign entities and entities which are controlled by foreign tax residents.

You will be asked to provide your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or equivalent before your account can be opened.  If you have not been issued with a TIN or equivalent, you will be required to tell us why.

Entity account holders will also be asked about the nature of their business and if any of its controlling persons have a foreign tax obligation.

If we require further information from you, we will contact you asking you to complete our foreign tax details form and a foreign tax glossary will be provided to assist you.

To ensure your customer information is accurate, it is important that you confirm your foreign tax residency status when requested by us to do so.  If you do not respond, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank may be required to report your account information to a relevant tax authority.

What should I do if I’m not sure about my country of tax residency?

If you are unsure about your tax residency, please seek professional advice from an independent tax agent or advisor.

Where can I go for further information?

If you have any questions, visit any of our branches or phone 1300 236 344 or if calling from overseas +61 3 5445 0666.


For general information and guidance, please refer to the ATO website search for “Common Reporting Standard”.

Can we help you?

Contact us

Send us an online enquiry if you have any questions


Call us

Call us now on

1300 236 344

At a branch

Find your nearest Bendigo Bank branch