A Security Token provides a second level of authentication for Bendigo e-banking and is used in conjunction with your Access ID and Password. A Security Token creates a single use Authentication Key, which means it changes every time you use it.
There are two types of Security Tokens available:
- e-token - a free digital option delivered via a smartphone app;
- One-touch token - A physical token available to purchase for $20.
For more information about Security Tokens.
The Four-digit PIN function allows faster and secure access to e-banking via the Bendigo Bank app. This function remains optional so you may choose to retain your Security Token as part of your logon process.
When adding a Contact for BPAY or Pay Anyone payments, making payments, updating your personal details or creating a new PayID, your Security Token can provide another level of security.
Yes. You can check and update your Security Token settings on e-banking. As a minimum, your token will be required for adding a new Pay Anyone Contact, or alternatively, paying Pay Anyone Contacts.
Log in > 'Settings'> 'Change Your Token Settings' > follow the prompts.
An e-token is a free digital Security Token option delivered via a smartphone app called ‘Symantec VIP Access’. The Symantec VIP Access app generates a 6 digit Authentication Key (the same as a physical Security Token) that you can enter into e-banking when prompted to provide an Authentication Key.
To set up your free digital e-token:
- Download the 'Symantec VIP'Access' app from the App Store or Google Play:
- Open the Symantec VIP Access app on your device.
- At the top of the screen you will see the words ‘Credential ID’ and a series of letters and numbers written immediately underneath. The Bank needs to add this unique code to your e-banking settings before you can use the e-token.
- Contact your branch or call us on 1300 236 344 to provide us with your Symantec VIP Access app ‘Credential ID’ so that we can activate your e-token. Please have your ‘Credential ID’ written down or smart device handy.